Monday, June 13, 2011

Around the Blog in Sixty Seconds

A couple of cool things happening today and over the weekend.

First, Elena Solodow is vlogging about Captive Spirit today on her blog!  She's doing her interpretation of the first 500 words of my book, complete with pictures and sound and everything. She totally rocks.  If you're not already following her blog, do yourself a favor and follow her.  Her blog is very unique and entertaining. To view her vlog of Captive Spirit, click here.  It is awesome!!

Last week I was inundated with requests for ARCs for Craving Perfect which put a huge smile on my face for most of the week and weekend.  Lo and behold, over the weekend, book blogger Dorthyn already posted her review to Goodreads.  And Shelfari.  And Barnes and Noble, and a bunch of other book blogger sites.  I heart her!  Most of all, I was so happy that she enjoyed the book.   And--here's the really cool part--people have begun to pre-order it on Amazon! Life is good.  Better than chocolate.

Finally, tomorrow on the blog I have a visitor! Come meet JB Lynn, author of a very cool mystery entitled The First Victim.

I look forward to seeing what this week will bring and certainly hope it will stay as productive as the last.

Happy Monday, all!

17 comments:

Elena Solodow said...

Glad you enjoyed, Liz - I had a blast filming it, and was happy I had photos to work in to your beautiful setting : )

Trisha said...

Congrats on the pre-orders Liz, and the review!! Very cool :)

Angela Felsted said...

Happy Monday. Congrats on your preorders!

Karen Walker said...

Liz, so so happy for you. Enjoy the ride!
Karen

Jennifer Lane said...

Congratulations on all the love coming your way! Good luck with your novels of past and present.

Talli Roland said...

Lots of great stuff happening! I can't wait to dive into Almost Perfect this week!

Talei said...

Oh I LOVED Captive Spirit! And I am enjoying Craving Perfect. This is the month for reading for me! ;-)

Shall check out the link and also Elena Vlog!

Have a lovely week!

Danette said...

Congratulations, Liz! Sounds like your off to a great start! I wish I knew how I could get the library to order it... :(

Jean Davis said...

Congrats on all the goodness coming your way! May it continue on for a long time. :)

Theresa Milstein said...

I'm off to Elena's blog.

I love your book cover.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's awesome! Nothing like a bunch of review copy requests - and an early review.

Kittie Howard said...

Liz, the vlog is awesome! (Left a comment!) I especially enjoyed it because I bought Captive Spirit the other day - your writing was such that I imagine all just as in the vlog. I'm at the White Ant/Red Ant part before the Rain Dance. I'm in heaven with how you wove culture and history into such a dynamite plot. Great job! I'm gonna put your cover on my sidebar, okay?

J.L. Campbell said...

Wonderful. Wishing you every success with Craving Perfect. I'll be reading ASAP.

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Congrats on the preorders and reviews! So exciting! I guess I'll have to mosey on over and join the preorder line :)

Michael Di Gesu said...

Congrats on the VLOG/Trailer at Elena's blog AND on you multiple reviews!

Your book is next on my list, Liz! I can't wait to read it.

Nicki Elson said...

I've got to check out that Vlog! And congratulations on hitting the ground running w/ your upcoming release! 'Kay, see ya over at Elena's place.

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks Elena and thanks to everyone for stopping by Elena's blog today!

@Trisha: Thank you, Trish!

@Angela: Same to you! And thanks!

@Karen: I am trying to enjoy the moment and not stress about the future. :-) Easier said than done, yes?

@Jennifer: Thanks for the encouragement!

@Talli: So glad you'll be reading it. Who says chick lit is dead?! ;-)

@Talei: I feel very fortunate that you're reading both my books! You so totally rock!

@Danette: Regarding libraries, I heard (or perhaps I'm dreaming) that that is coming--something about being able to get through Overdrive? Stay tuned. When I learn more details, I'll be glad to share.

@Jean: Thank you so much!!

@Theresa: Thank you! Carina Press does put out some pretty covers.

@Alex: Yes! So true. So far, I've been very lucky and blessed. :-)

@Kittie: Thank you so much for your support and so glad you're enjoying. I'm absolutely honored that you'd want to put my cover on your sidebar!

@JL: Look forward to hearing what you think - and thanks!!

@Susanna: Thank you! I do appreciate it. Hope you enjoy.

@Michael: Look forward to hearing from you, as well as hearing from a guy's perspective. :-) Enjoy!

@Nicki: Thank you so much, Nicki!