Wednesday, May 25, 2011

I've been Tagged!

The lovely Angela Felsted tagged me this week!

What does that mean? It means that I get to answer a bunch of semi-embarrassing questions and then randomly tag eight more people who can then answer the same questions and tag eight more people--or "unfriend" my blog and pretend like they don't know me.  And so on.  And so on.  Like that old shampoo commercial. 

Before I answer the questions, here are the eight cool writer bloggers that I've randomly selected:

Susanna Ives
Tina Whittle
Sherri Meyer
Angelina Rain
Elise Warner
Cold As Heaven
JB Lynn
Donna Cummings

Now, for those questions:

1) Do you think you're hot?
I live in the desert.  Of course I'm hot!!  It's perpetually 100 degrees where I live.  Oh.  Wait.  You mean, that kind of hot?! H*ll no!

2) Upload a picture or wall paper you are using at the moment.
My current laptop wallpaper is a photo of Kauai. And I have no idea how to download and upload that for you.  (Translation: I'm too lazy)  But, trust me, the pic is gorgeous white beach and blue skies.  It's very Hawaii Five-0ish.  There are days when I wish that I could dive inside my laptop wallpaper.  Lots of days.

3) When was the last time you ate chicken meat?
Seriously, who came up with these questions?! Truthfully, I eat mostly vegetarian and would probably be completely vegetarian if it wasn't for my adorable husband who I refuse to return to the store at this point.  He's stuck with me and I, him. Hence, I have to cook the occasional meat dish to keep him happy, even chicken, but it's rare so I really don't even remember the last time we ate "chicken meat." Blech.  Maybe at Easter?

4) The Song(s) you listened to recently?
I don't go a week without playing songs by The Proclaimers.  Whole Wide World is one of my faves.

5) What were you thinking as you were doing this?
I was thinking that I was spending way too much time blogging and not enough time working on my latest manuscript!  And then I thought about eating chocolate.  Gobs of it.

6) Do you have a nickname?
My family calls my Lizzy.  But, shhh! That's supposed to be a secret, especially after the whole "Lizzy Borden took an axe" thing...

So, there you have it. 

Watch out. You could be tagged next.  *Cue the really creepy zombie music*

19 comments:

Angela Felsted said...

Great answers. I didn't know you were a vegetarian. How good of you to cook meat for your husband.

Sarah said...

These are great--I totally sympathize with #5! Except the chocolate part. But maybe I can remedy that ...

Karen Walker said...

It is fun to learn more about our blogging buddies through these tags. Thanks, Liz.
Karen

Linda Leszczuk said...

Number 5. Yes! Exactly.

Angelina Rain said...

Great answers. I actually couldn't think of what to blog about anymore, and this gave me an idea. So thank you.

Sherri said...

Fun...I may have to steal your #1 answer, LOL. Thanks!

Pauline Barclay said...

Loved this Blog, great fun and your answers are too!

Lisa said...

I'm blogging when I should be writing as well. You're not alone! Fun post!

Michael Di Gesu said...

I love how you always mention chocolate in your posts... too funny.

I enjoyed your answers. One must have a sense of humor for these things... right? lol

Creepy Query Girl said...

this was cute! (chicken meat question is a little weird) but cute! LOL

Cold As Heaven said...

Cool. Will try to answer the questions >:)

Cold As Heaven

Francine Howarth said...

Hi,

Hee hee, join the tag club! Great answers. So damn difficult not to be funny with replies. ;)

I got zapped a few days ago: same one.

best
F

Jennifer Hillier said...

I giggled for like, three minutes at the term "chicken meat". I've never heard that before! I like chicken, and I like meat, but I don't think I like chicken meat!

Great answers! :)

Marianne Arkins said...

So far I don't know any of the music people are talking about on this meme... am I that far outside the mainstream? Sheesh...

I laughed about your eating habits -- ditto here. I'm mostly veg married to a pure carnivore. We make it work. :-)

Jean Davis said...

Wow, another Proclaimers fan? I'm not alone! yay!

And 'chicken meat'? I like chicken, but that makes it sound so unappealing.

M Pax said...

Oh yay, I don't have to sign in for you! Blogger has been driving me nuts the past few days.

I'd be more of a vegetarian if not for my husband, too. And I live in the desert, but it's not hot here. Maybe soon, but not yet.

Julie said...

These were fun to read, I got a kick out of your answers. It's great to learn more about fellow blogger through these little games! And now I have to check on the writers you tagged, they are new to me and I so love discovering new blogs. :)

Ann Best said...

I loved your answers! You are a fun person. Your husband must adore you.

I'm mostly vegetarian. Sometimes fish and chicken which my daughter and I both like. We both don't like chocolate. I know, I know. ALMOST everyone does, it seems.
Ann Best, Memoir Author

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks for stopping by! And glad you liked my (weird) answers. And @Jean: The Proclaimers do totally rock!