Friday, April 8, 2011

(G)one Fishing

Sort of.  I'm unplugging for the next three days from everything except my nook.  Why? Because my awesome local Phoenix library has recently delivered three e-books to me that I've had on hold.  They are:

1) Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith
2) Once Was Lost by Sara Zarr
3) Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand

I'm almost finished with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and I am blown away!  I'm usually not drawn to vampire novels but this one had its hooks in me from the historical aspect.  And, I mean, how weird. Abraham Lincoln, right?  It's the strangest book I've read in a long time but I'm totally enjoying  the clever writing.  You almost forget that it's fiction.  I also can't wait to dive into the other two e-books--hence the need to "go fishing." (okay, maybe I might jump on Facebook once or twice this weekend, but just for a minute or two...)

Somewhere in my semi-unplugged weekend, I hope to spend some time with Craig and maybe rent a movie.  I'm thinking RomCom but that will require extra sensory persuasive powers on Craig.  Any recommendations on movies??  The last movie we rented was the A-Team remake, which we both enjoyed, because who doesn't mind seeing the A-Team with a welding tool in the middle of nowhere.

Hope you can unplug, unwind, and just generally have a wonderful weekend.  See you Monday!

20 comments:

Áine Tierney said...

See you Monday Liz, best of luck with getting the head down.

Áine Tierney said...

But do pick it up to look at Craig now and again!!

Elizabeth Bass said...

I just started Unbroken last night. I've only read the prologue but it was so good it hurt to put the book down and get back to work. Enjoy!

I keep hearing buzz about that Abe Lincoln book. Have a great weekend!

Colette said...

Oh lucky you! And I love that you are borrowing books to read on your e-reader!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Sounds G-REAT! Enjoy your weekend Liz.

Angelina Rain said...

Hope you have a fun time unplugging. I’ve been sick all week so everything I’ve written has been utter poo-poo. I also haven’t been editing, and my deadline is approaching. So this weekend, I’ll be perfecting my craft.

Joanna St. James said...

I'm all for unplugging. Are you sure u dont wanna drag him to the movies instead? I heard Hanna is going to be awesome. I saw the preview and I really have to watch it.

Donna Cummings said...

Have a great unplugged time! I think my brain could use something similar--I haven't been reading enough lately, but I need that treat. Plus it replenishes all the words I've spilled out into my WIP. :)

Linda Leszczuk said...

Enjoy your down time. If the "Rom" part isn't a must, I recommend the movie RED. An action-comedy starring Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich, Ellen Mirren, and Richard Dreyfus - just a bunch of great old actors doing what they do best. It was a joy to watch.

Angela Felsted said...

See you Monday. Have a good time.

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks, all! - hope you have a great weekend as well and hope you feel better, Angelina!

@Liz Bass - I think you should give the Vampire book a try; it's not what you think. And the way the historical content weaves into the story is quite clever. Gives you a different perspective of Abe. And I plan to start UNBROKEN tomorrow! I'm anxious to read that one, especially since the story parallels some of my Dad's WWII experiences.

@Linda: I've seen and loved RED! That was such a fun movie.

Sylvia Ney said...

It's so great to find your blog. I've been debating whether or not to give the Lincoln vampire book a go. You just convinced me. I'm stopping by from the "A to Z" challenge and I look forward to reading more from you.

GigglesandGuns said...

Always take a three day weekend. -- A day for family. A day for God and a day for me.

Enjoy!

Talei said...

Wow, I haven't heard of any of these titles. Enjoy your unplugging my dear! Sounds like a GREAT plan for the weekend. ;-)

Trisha said...

Haha, that Abe Lincoln book sounds interesting. :D Enjoy your reading hiatus!!

Misha said...

Sounds like some good reads! Enjoy "fishing"

;-P

J.L. Campbell said...

Enjoy!

Talli Roland said...

Have a great time away, Liz! Enjoy your books.

Kari Marie said...

I hope you are enjoying all the reading time!

Nas Dean said...

Lucky you. It's great that you can borrow books and read on ereader. Our country is not that advanced at the moment!