Monday, April 4, 2011

CRAVING PERFECT, a novel

...is finally releasing this summer!  July 2011, to be exact.

It's the little book that could, really.  I wrote CRAVING PERFECT before CAPTIVE SPIRIT.  It's a completely different novel and involves a treadmill, lots of raspberry scones, and a girl with some pretty vivid dreams.

Before it was CRAVING PERFECT, my book was lovingly titled:

Weird idea in my head
Draft
Draft 2
Draft 3
Draft 4
A Girl Can Dream
A Girl Like That
Run For Your Life

...and then, finally, magically, CRAVING PERFECT.  (Thank you, Liz Bass, editor and writer extraordinaire!) 

The cool people at Carina Press are working on a book cover and the back cover copy and I will post that as soon as I am able.  To say that I'm giddy about sharing this novel is an understatement.  I wrote CRAVING PERFECT at my local gym in Phoenix, one chapter at a time in my head, as I slogged miles on a treadmill.  Then I'd go home and pound the words simmering in my head into my laptop in between handfuls of chocolate-covered espresso beans and, lo and behold, a story was born.  

Fear not, there will also be a totally awesome book trailer for CRAVING PERFECT because, frankly, I adore book trailers.  I'll post it here and on my YouTube Channel after the book cover is finalized in the hopefully not too distant future.  Can't. Wait. To. Share.  Warning: Upon viewing, you may have the sudden urge to consume (or bake) massive quantities of raspberry scones and listen to jazz.

And like most book journeys, it's been a long time coming.

22 comments:

Taryn Kincaid said...

Congrats, Liz! WTG. And the scones look yummy too!

Sherri said...

Whoot! Congrats.

Sierra Gardner said...

Congratulations Liz - this is fantastic news! And what a great title too!!

Michael Di Gesu said...

Congrats, Liz,

I am so on a diet and I am SO craving one of those DELICIOUS looking scones....

Heather M. Gardner said...

YEAH!!! Awesome news! Very happy for you.

I thought the raspberry scones picture was the cover! It caught my eye! Now I'm hungry!

Donna Cummings said...

Congrats! It sounds wonderful. I love that you wrote it while on the treadmill--which means I'll benefit from the exercise when I read it, right? LOL

Angelina Rain said...

I love that title, Liz. I can’t wait to read that book. I loved Captive Spirit, it’s one of my all time favorite books, so I can’t wait to read your next novel. And how funny, they both start with a C.

Orlando said...

This is very exciting. I'm looking forward to reading it. Congratulations.

Shelley Batt said...

Congrats on your book getting published. Can't wait to see the trailer.

Marianne Arkins said...

Woo hoo!!! Can't wait to get hold of it. :-)

Susanna Ives said...

Yay! I can't wait!

Linda Leszczuk said...

Got it on my TBR list for July.

Danette said...

That is really exciting!!!! Congratulations Liz! Can't wait to check it out!

Shelley Munro said...

Congratulations. Maybe I should try a treadmill for inspiration :)

MLZ said...

so exciting. congrats! can't wait to see the trailer and book cover. Carina did such a great job with Captive Spirit!

Áine Tierney said...

Congrats Liz - and the scones/cake in that pic look amazing! It's a great title.

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks for the kind words and support! Much appreciated!!

KC Kendricks said...

Congrats on the upcoming release. The scones look fantstic, and if I could write on a treadmill, I'd bake some. Yum!

Pam Torres said...

Congratulations! I will be watching for that book trailer. I love the title.

Linda Leszczuk said...

Hey Liz - when you get a minute, drop by my blog. I've got an award for you.

Jean Davis said...

Congrats! I'm already craving raspberry scones just from reading this post.

Angela Felsted said...

Congratulations on Craving Perfect! Looking at that picture you've posted is enough to make me hungry for berries.