Wednesday, March 30, 2011

This Is Your Captain Speaking

I continue my roles this week as bus driver and tour director for my sister and family.  The poor darlings are visiting from my home state of Illinois.  They left snow, rain, ice, and freezing cold temperatures to thaw out in the beautiful Sonoran desert with Craig and me.  Can't say as I blame them.  It's been a particularly cold winter this year, even for us desert dwellers.  Twice I had to wear a coat in February and even had to turn on some heat in the house. 

This week, we'll be spending time at the pool, the grandparents, an ASU baseball game, and restaurants.  My sister's only pre-requisite? There must be outside seating at all restaurants we choose.  Not a problem in Phoenix.  And I'm sure we'll enjoy plenty of those colorful drinks with the little umbrellas that we adore. 

Unfortunately I have to put down my current WIP and leave my characters for a few days which is really hard now that I'm so close to finishing.  Hate that.  I'm at the point where I practically eat, sleep, and drink my characters.  The last chapter is so close, I can taste it, so to speak. 

I'll be back on Friday as I'm participating in the A-Z Blogfest where you blog the alphabet for 26 days.  There are, like, a gazillion people participating and I'm not one to turn down a virtual party.  Also not sure if I'll make all 26 days but I'll definitely continue on my M-W-F blogging schedule and I won't miss the first day, especially since I have to blog about something that starts with an "A."  I'll be blogging about the main character in my current WIP.  Can you guess who that might be?  :-) Hint: Read Monday's post.

Peace out!

10 comments:

Susanna Ives said...

I know that's not a picture of your van...but I wish it was.

Sherri said...

Have fun with the family! I love the idea of the A-Z blog challenge but I'm not sure how much I'll participate.

Shirley Wells said...

Have fun with the family. I'd insist on sitting outside too. :)

A rest from the wip may be a good thing. I hate it too, especially when I'm close to the end, but I tend to go back to it refreshed and raring to go. Good luck!

Angelina Rain said...

I’m so jealous of your sister right now. Here I am, in Illinois. Spring is teasing us this year. It gave us a couple of beautiful days, and now it’s sunny and looks beautiful, but cold as heck. I’m still wearing my winter coat and it’s almost April. That is just not right! Well, enjoy your week off with your family. Have fun with those fancy drinks.

Carol Riggs said...

Enjoy your vacation, but I sympathize with your agony at having to leave a ms that is so close to being completed! That's hard to do. Hang in there. ;o)

And wow, seems like everyone is doing that A-Z blogfest. I just did the Crusade so I wasn't ready to tackle another blogfest. Have fun, and I'll look forward to reading your posts!

Joanna St. James said...

I love that flower power bus. When life gets in the way of my writing, i spend the night dreaming about my characters that way they stay fresh in my mind.
Have fun!

Liz Fichera said...

The weather has been perfect. Not sure if they want to leave.

P.S. Susanna: Love the pink van in the pic too. Reminds me of a Barbie fun van.

Carrie said...

Wow. Your winter sounds WAY warmer than our summer! Have fun with the family!

Nas Dean said...

Can I please join in with you on the tour?

L'Aussie said...

Cool van! Enjoy your family time. Your WIP will still be waiting! Hope to meet you during the A-Z.

Denise<3