Monday, March 14, 2011

Recommended Reads

You may recall when Tina Whittle visited us here last November at the the O.K. Corral to talk about her upcoming mystery debut, THE DANGEROUS EDGE OF THINGS.  Well, it released in January from Poisoned Pen Press and I finally got the chance to read it this past week. 

One word: Impressive!

I completely fell in love with the main character, Tai Randolph.  She was funny and quirky and courageous.  Trey Seaver was the unlikely sidekick--loyal and brave.  I loved that Tai and Trey, particularly Trey, were perfectly flawed instead of conveniently flawed.  In fact, Trey Seaver was one of the most original characters I've read in ages.  And it didn't hurt that Trey was mysterious and hot, although not in any pretty-boy way.  Together they solved the mystery behind a murder in Atlanta that kept me guessing till the final pages.  Don't you hate when you solve a mystery midpoint in a book?  You won't in this one.  It's layered with plenty of plot twists that will throw you off base.  I've got my review up on Goodreads but, don't worry, I didn't include any spoilers.  If you like mysteries, particularly ones set in the South, you'll definitely want to check out this one. 

I'm told there's a Book #2 in the works and this will now become a series which is pretty cool.  I certainly hope it comes out soon.

9 comments:

Jen Daiker said...

I love finding new books and this is one I've yet to hear of! It sounds really good and I do love the cover, it's quite intriguing! Thanks for sharing!

Misha said...

Sounds like a great read!

Orlando said...

This is one I have not read yet. I will look it up. It sounds great.

Angelina Rain said...

Sounds great. I love mysteries. Because of my lack of an income at the moment, I’ve been staying away from buying books and my to-buy list is getting longer and longer. I can’t wait for my first check from Evernight. I really want to read this book.

M Pax said...

Sounds like some great characters and a great read. :)

Liz Fichera said...

Check it out on Amazon or your bookstore. It's a fast read and, once I started, I could not put the book down!

Doralynn Kennedy said...

That sounds like a good read... and just the sort of book I enjoy. Thanks.

Donea Lee said...

I love a good mystery AND the unconventional hottie. :) I'll have to check this one out. Thanks!

Nas Dean said...

Thanks for the heads up! Will have to look for this one.