Monday, March 7, 2011

Pay It Forward

I wanted to share with you a few blogs that I've recently discovered in the infinite e-Universe.  These are definitely worth a look and perhaps you might even decide to follow them regularly:

Dear Teen Me - Started by E. Kristin Anderson and Miranda Kenneally, this cool web site allows writers to write letters to their teen selves.  Can you imagine?! Some of the letters are happy and hilarious; others are downright sad, and a couple have made me cry.  By the way, I'll be sharing my teen letter on April 15.  To say that I'm a little nervous about sharing my letter would be an understatement.  Let's just say that high school wasn't exactly the happiest times for me.  Shocking, I know. ;-)

A Year of Auditions - Started by Stasia Ward Kehoe, this intriguing blog focuses on people who've survived and can now live to tell stories about their first auditions, plays, performances, etc.  I met the very cool Stasia through Dear Teen Me.  On April 29, I will be sharing my most embarrassing performance as a second grader in a Halloween play. Fortunately I can laugh about it now.  Clearly, I was never meant to be an actress.

The Happy Writer - Sometimes it's fun to talk about positive stuff, you know? I mean, writers get rejected and kicked in the shins (figuratively, usually) on a routine basis.  It's fun to have a space where you can just hang and *talk* to people about positive stuff without all the negative.  No book promotions; just fun stuff.  This cool site was started by fellow Carina Press author, Shannon McKelden. 

Have you got a cool web site or blog that you've recently discovered? Please feel free to share the link in the comments.  I'm always on the lookout for more fun places to hang.

8 comments:

Trudy said...

Check out this blog she could used the help raising funds for Leukemia. http://pages.teamintraining.org/los/rnr11/dconnor

Angelina Rain said...

Thanks for the links. I'll have to check them out.

Talei said...

Great links, I shall have to pop along. ;-)

I haven't found any new blogs of late, I love my old ones and try and get along to see them where possible.

Nicki Elson said...

Awesome, Liz! Thanks for sharing these. The letters to teen self sounds particularly intriguing.

P.S. In case you didn't see the tweet...not Valley Girl...

Nas Dean said...

Thanks for the links, Liz. I will go and check it all out!

Donna Cummings said...

This is a blog I've recently found, and I enjoy it because of the lovely photos:

http://www.anewenglandlife.com/

When we had some spring weather here recently, she took her dog to the beach and you could just feel the joy in those photos.

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks for the comments and links today, ladies!

Áine Tierney said...

Thanks for the links liz. I'm new to blogging, so I'm discovering lots of great blogs all the time as they are all still new to me.