Friday, March 25, 2011

Inspiration

Earlier this week, I was having one of those I can't moments.  You know, the whiny kind where you hang your head and mope around the house, feeling a little bit sorry for yourself.  I was struggling with my current manuscript.  It was going one way and I needed it to go another and I was stressing over how to make it work.  And then, of course, there's the waiting around to hear word on a submission.

So as I was wringing my hands, lamenting my horrible writing skills, wondering if it was too late to go back to school and study something more practical like, say, accounting or law.  Then I stumbled upon the story of Anthony Robles.  I was at the gym running, of course, watching one of those overhead televisions.  Anthony's face popped on the screen.  Anthony is a college kid from Mesa, Arizona, who recently won the NCAA wrestling championship.  Anthony also happened to be born without one leg.  Yeah, seriously.  You heard me right.  This kid is amazing and his personal story will Blow. You. Away.  It did me.

After you read this, you'll never say, I can't ever again.  And, if you do, read Anthony's story and then slap yourself on the side of the head.

Click here to be inspired. 

11 comments:

Angelina Rain said...

That was truly an inspirational story. Thank you for sharing.

Shirley Wells said...

Thanks for sharing the story, Liz. It's so easy to say "I can't" when the going gets tough.

Inspirational stuff!

Orlando said...

I've seen his story before, but it's good to be reminded again. Stories like this put me in my write mind.

Colette said...

Yes, I saw that story. Inspiration is an understatement. No matter how badly we feel, it will pass, and we can succeed!

KarenG said...

Wonderful, inspirational post, and this same thing will often happen to me when I'm having one of those days. I'll see or read about someone who makes me ashamed of my self-pity wallow fest.

Elise Warner said...

Just what I needed. Thanks Liz.

Liz Fichera said...

The guy is incredible--and a class act, to boot. So inspiring.

Donna Cummings said...

Those "I can't" moments are brutal, and exhausting, so it's good to be reminded of what we can do. Thanks for the inspiration.

Maria Zannini said...

Puts things in perspective, doesn't it?

Joanna St. James said...

wow! that was really inspiring. i wanna see a video of him wrestling

Nas Dean said...

So true. Thanks for sharing.