Monday, February 14, 2011

Welcome Debut Author: Angelina Rain

Angelina Rain has been one of the bright spots of the blogging community.  I met her online last summer, she's from my home state, loves chocolate, and I'm so happy that she's recently contracted several of her stories.  She's on a world-wind blog tour this month and today she's making a stop here to talk about dreams.  And, seriously, hers are pretty dang vivid as you'll see below.  She's a talented author with a fun story to tell.  Hope you'll stick around to get to know her and comment for a chance to win her giveaway.  If you like your romance sizzling hot with plenty of steam (Translation: Not for anyone younger than 18 or with a heart condition), you'll want to win!  

******

When Dreams Come True
by Angelina Rain

They say dreams can foretell the future.

I was fifteen when I had that dream, and I was thirty-five in it. It was a rainy April day when my super hunky husband wheeled me into a book store. All the book shelves were lined with one book, a yellow cover with a sad looking girl in the corner of it. The name, Angelina Rain, was plastered on the cover in a maroon font. Although it’s not my real name, I knew in the dream that it was me. The book was an international bestseller, the biggest book to hit the bookshelves in years, and there was a line of people waiting to see me and have me sign the book for them.

I woke up and the dream replayed in my head, over and over. I just knew that someday I would be a bestselling author. Although I’m far from being a bestseller, ten years after the dream, a part of it did come true.

In the dream I was beautiful and my husband was a hunky blue-eyed blond who was possibly younger than me. In reality, he’s a hazel-eyed brunette who is seven years older than me. Will I divorce and remarry in the next ten years? I choose not to think about that. In the dream, I was in a wheelchair. I pray that part doesn’t come true.

The thing that stayed with me the most was the plot. For ten long years I’ve been reminded of the tragic and courageous life of the main character. Will I ever write that book? I guess you’ll just have to wait and see.

Angie’s Fun Fact: Some of my plot ideas come to me in the form of dreams.

~*~ GIVEAWAY ~*~

Angelina is giving away one free copy of Indecent Encounters. All you have to do is comment or ask a question (she will answer it in the comments). One lucky winner will be announced on Feb 16th on Angelina’s blog. Leave your e-mail address so Angelina can e-mail you if you win.

Angelina wrote "The Problem With Love Spells" which is included in the Indecent Encounters anthology.  Here's a synopsis:

When you’re cursed to live your whole life unloved, can you really be held responsible for casting a love spell? When Gretchen realizes that her love spell went wrong, her only option is to reverse it before too much damage is done. However, when she wakes with a werewolf and a vampire in her bed, she learns that even reversing a love spell could have its consequences.

To connect with Angelina, follow her here:

Website: http://www.angelina-rain.com/
Blog: http://www.angelinarain.blogspot.com/
Evernight Publishing: http://www.evernightpublishing.com/products/Indecent-Encounters.html

16 comments:

Angelina Rain said...

Thank you, Liz, for letting me stop over at your blog. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Liz Fichera said...

My pleasure, Angelina! :-)

Linda Leszczuk said...

I hope only the bestseller parts of your dreams come true.

Mine are never that helpful.

Angelina Rain said...

Linda, thank you. That’s the part I want to see too.

Shirley Wells said...

Wow, what a great dream. Well, not the wheelchair bit, but the bestselling bit.

The Problem with Love Spells sounds wonderful. Good luck with it!

Nas Dean said...

Hi Angelina, Hello Liz,

The Problem with Love Spells is a wonderful read. I enjoyed it tremendously.

All the best!

Margo Benson said...

Thank you for the post, it's lovely to meet you. Dreams play a part in my life too - I onced dreamed I was wearing this amazing necklace and spent the WHOLE of the next day making it (my other life!)

Hoping for the bestseller part for you!
margo.benson@yahoo.co.uk

Nahno McLein said...

That is inspiring, Angelina. I have a dream journal to use my dreams for my writing. There are so many odd things going on. I never dreamed about the future like that, though (well, as far as I can remember).
Nahno ∗ McLein

Marianne Arkins said...

Is that how you chose your pen name? Was it really what you saw in your dream? Because .. whoa... way cool. Just saying :-)

Angelina Rain said...

Shirley Wells, thank you.

Nas Dean, thank you. I’m glad you enjoyed it, that means a lot to me.

Margo Benson, thank you. Dreams can be very inspiring. I hope you enjoyed that necklace.

Nahno McLein, thank you. My mom uses a dream journal all the time because all of her dreams are so wild and vivid.

Marianne Arkins, thank you. Well, the name wasn’t exactly the same. It was Angelina Reign, but I think Rain looks better.

Alyssa Fox said...

That's so neat about your dream. I hope the bestseller part comes true for you.

Jennie Bailey said...

What a great dream, Angelina! You're on your way!! Have you ever veered from the path, even for a moment? Or have you stuck with writing all the way through?

Thanks for sharing, Liz!

Angelina Rain said...

Alyssa Fox, thank you.

Jennie Bailey, thank you. Yes, I veered from the path. I was a teen when I had that dream and although that dream always hunted me, I didn’t believe I will ever be a published author. I used to write, but when adulthood hit, I had to stop and pursue life. I didn’t start writing again until last year.

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Angelina. And thanks to everyone who commented!

Angelina Rain said...

Thank you, Liz. It was a blast!

Maria Zannini said...

I truly believe dreams can be premonitory. And I'm glad your dream came true.


:spits at the wheelchair: to prevent it from coming to pass--though I imagine the wheelchair probably indicates something holding you back.