Alex Cavanaugh's cool blogfest today. About the only time I'm not listening to music is when I sleep, which isn't often, by the way. I write to music, I run to music, I drive to music. It's always on in my house! And I'm inspired by all kinds--rock, classical, country, folk, bluegrass, opera, anything. That said, it was hard to choose just ten measly songs. I tried to choose songs that defined a slice of my life, an event, a moment. In no particular order, here are my Top 10--but, jeez, it was incredibly hard to choose just ten!
10. Tapestry by Carole King.
9. Close to You by The Carpenters (Ahem: Don't judge me. It was my very first album.)
8. Saturday in the Park by Chicago
7. Baker Street by Gerry Rafferty
6. I Get Knocked Down by Chumbawamba
5. S.O.S. by The Police
4. Love Shack by the B52s
3. I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) by The Proclaimers
2. Teenage Wasteland by The Who
1. Hip To My Heart by The Band Perry