Friday, January 7, 2011

New Digs

Over Christmas, I finally brought my home office into the 21st Century.  Gone (finally) is my behemoth oak twenty-year old computer desk that was made for monitors the size of Volkswagens.  Ditto for an old matching bookcase, file cabinet, and uncomfortable grey chair.  Gone! Or, should I say: donated to a worthy organization that will love them all over again.

I wanted glass and sleek and modern and that's what I got.  But if you look closely at the photograph on the left, check out the cool green lava lamp sitting in the right corner.  See it?  It's my absolute fave part of my office. 

Now for some artwork for the walls...And I really need to finish writing another book or three.  Soon.  Really, really soon.

16 comments:

Donna Cummings said...

Looks stunning! I can see a lot of bestsellers being written there. :)

@BookEmDonna

Linda Leszczuk said...

Very cool. Including the lava lamp.

Angelina Rain said...

I LOVE your office. It’s so cool and modern. I wish I had an office. My house is way too small for it though so I write either in the living room or the bedroom.

Sherri said...

I love it!!

That's one of my goals for this year...revamp our guest bedroom into my writing/craft room.

Colette said...

Nice work space! Love it!

Liz Fichera said...

Glad you ladies like! Thanks for taking a peek.

Angelina, I wrote for years at a coffee shop. Still do, on occasion, when writer's block sets in. Nothing wrong with a coffee shop! Or even the kitchen table, as long as you write something you love, right?

Nas Dean said...

I'm sooo jealous! Neat office!

Looking forward to new releases being written in the new office!

Janni Nell said...

Nice desk. And so much tidier than mine.

Maria Zannini said...

This would never work at my place. I keep imagining all the dust. LOL.

Looks great for a magazine spread though.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Looks awesome!

Cinette said...

Looking good! Great place for creating all those up and coming bestsellers;-)

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks, all! I must say, this past week I did a little more writing than usual. Hope that's a sign of things to come. Must be the lava lamp!

Eleri Stone said...

Love the office Liz! I carry my laptop around to wherever I can find a quiet room. We have a little craft/office in the basement but there's no lock on the door!

Kittie Howard said...

Really cool! Love the sleek look! Yep, bestsellers will be written at that desk.

Marianne Arkins said...

GORGEOUS! Do you already feel more productive, just sitting in there?

Hubert Cole said...

Congrats on getting exactly what you want! I love how everything is put together in your office. Even if the artworks were not on the walls yet, it already looked like a convenient place to work in, and I’m sure it will stirred your productivity and creativity, once the artworks were put up. Good luck with all your upcoming book projects!

Hubert Cole @ Pear Workplace Solutions