Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Creation BlogFest

Today I'm participating in the New Creation Blogfest hosted by the fun and talented Summer Ross, who also happens to be celebrating her 29th birthday today.  Happy Birthday, Summer!  Anyway, check out her blog for the deets, but here's the deal:  It's super simple.  Just take a beginning and ending sentence from two of your novels and voila! You have a New Creation Masterpiece. 

I've taken the first sentence from my YA novel HOOKED that is currently out on submission (and giving me many sleepless nights) and paired it with an ending from a novel that has yet to see the light of day.  Here goes, folks:

I believed that my ancestors lived among the stars.  What happens tomorrow is anybody's guess.  The End.

15 comments:

Francine Howarth said...

Hi,

Love the first sentence: such scope for expansion!

Last sentence: scope for sequel! ;)

best
F

Margo Benson said...

I like both of these very much...the first offers something so full and the second....well there has to be more!

Angelina Rain said...

Great sentences! Good luck on both of those books.

Pk Hrezo said...

I love both those sentences! Nice to meet you. :)

Elena Solodow said...

This has my vote for greatest short story ever.

Summer Ross said...

I love how everyone is putting them together! This one is very well done! I love your sentences! thank you fairy much for participating!

gideon 86 said...

To the point and very intriguing...

Good luck on you book.

Michael

February Grace said...

I did not put my sentences together- uh oh!

I love how yours worked together!

~bru

Wendy Tyler Ryan said...

These are great. You don't have to write a lot to say so much.

Elaine AM Smith said...

A great Blogfest post Liz.
Your opening sentence is intriguing - I'd be interested in reading on. Your ending is very open-ended ;)

Old Kitty said...

Hello

Just catching up with all of the lovely Summer's blogfest entries!

Your first sentence - it's a brilliant start, my attention is hooked already!

Second sentence - oh that's just excellent - it's like an ending with a question mark!!

Great stuff, thank you

x

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks, all, for taking the time today to visit my little virtual corner of the desert! Much appreciated!

Bess Weatherby said...

Really love it! Interesting, how you paired them together. They fit. Happy New Year!

~ Bess

Danette said...

Dropping by from the Blogfest! It's great how well they fit together and both take you somewhere separately! Very nice!

Margo Kelly said...

Exciting... :) Great sentences.