Before I go any further, I should tell you that I am in complete denial that it is now 2011. 2011?!! Um, where did the last decade go?! That said, I am excited to see what the New Year brings.
In keeping with Angelina's blogfest rules, here are my 2010 Top 10 greatest hits and my 2011 goals (please, dear god, do not say resolutions because when I do they are always doomed to fail.)
My 2010 Top 10 Greatest Hits:
10) I can run 15 miles without passing out.
9) I met more friends online than I ever thought possible, including a few old friends I haven't talked to in, like, forever.
8) I reconnected with cousins I hadn't seen in ages.
7) I cracked the code on my teen niece's text messages. (Who knew "abt" means "about"?)
6) I finished writing another book.
5) I traveled over 10,000 miles.
4) I created my own web site and didn't break my laptop in the process.
3) My house renovations are complete and I still have most of my sanity.
2) I sold 2 books to a super-cool publisher.
1) Craig and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary, despite #3 above.
1) I want to be able to split a dark chocolate bar in two pieces and save one piece for the next day.
2) I want to redecorate my home office from soup to nuts--cool new furniture, new paint, new lamps, new everything!
3) I want to finish my current WIP on another Native American legend.
4) I want to travel to one new place.
5) I want to sell another book. Or three.
6) Marathon, anyone? I'm ready.
7) I want to stop checking email and voicemail obsessively when a book goes on submission.
8) Do good. I need to volunteer more.
9) I want to spend more time with family. Definitely.
10) I want to look back on December 31, 2011, sipping champagne, and see that I've accomplished these goals!
Happy New Year! I hope it's a great one for everybody!