Wednesday, January 12, 2011

100 Words for $100 BlogFest

Today's blogfest is hosted by a super-cool and  funny writer, Elena Solodow.   She's hilarious. If you're not already following her, I highly suggest that you change that.  Her weekly vlogs? Her raw sarcasm?! Genius.

And her 100 Words for $100 Blogfest is just that: Write a sentence with 100 words.  Genre doesn't matter.  It runs the month of January and you can get all the deets and the linky link on her blog.  But in a nutshell, you're only allowed one little itsy bitsy semi-colon in a sea of 100 words.  This blogfest is not only fun and clever but it's a great exercise if you have writer's block.  Write a super-long sentence about anything that strikes your fancy.  I like that.  If you don't want to play but simply choose to follow along, that's cool too. 

I had so much fun creating my entry.  It helped with a little bout of writer's block I had this week.  Hope you will join the fun.  Anyway, here's my 100-word monster sentence.  I call it: 

Me, Myself and Blob

Blob, my lava lamp. Be nice.
Green, sticky hot alien lava glows and bubbles all day and night inside a glass cylinder atop my desk, stretching and pulling its waxy distorted mass up and down and sideways like an anxious baby chick trapped endlessly in an eggshell hell, punching and kicking with wobbly but determined arms and feet, begging to hatch in an unfettered and greenless world, free from hypnotized human eyes and the cruel confines of its silent prison; the glowing goo battles for its independence inside the lamp, never winning, always losing, for as long as I remain Mistress of the Light Switch.

9 comments:

Elena Solodow said...

Came and read! Thanks for your glowing review - glad you like the blog, and thanks for entering the contest, Liz! Can't wait to read your excerpt.

Nas Dean said...

Hi Liz,

Thanks for the link. I checked it up and started following!

Angelina Rain said...

Hello Liz,

You won a Stylish Blogger Award. Get your award at my blog.

Damyanti said...

That's a witty take on the Blogfest :)

Like your blog, glad I stopped over.

Talei said...

Haha! 'Mistress of the Light Switch!' - loved this! ;)

Jennie Bailey said...

I love it!! You grabbed me with that title. And I heart your lava lamp! I lost mine in the last move and was heartbroken. It was pink. No, I'm not ashamed to admit that.

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks, ladies, for giving my lava lamp some love! Appreciate it!

@Jennie, I looked all over for a pink one and couldn't find one! My green Blob has grown on me now, though. I'll never give it up!

Margo Kelly said...

What fun! And, by the way, :) I have an award for you on my blog: www.margokelly.blogspot.com come stop by and pick it up! It will be available Monday morning. Looks like this isn't the FIRST award you've won!! :)

Jean Davis said...

Great entry! I love the baby chick part. All hail the Mistress of the Lightswitch. :)