Monday, December 27, 2010

There's Something To Be Said for Hibernation

The bears got this one right. 

After a very busy November and December, last week felt like I'd gone into serious hibernation. And it felt good. Still does.  This week should be more of the same.  So, I'm grabbing my chocolate honey pot and I'm returning to the cave till next week. 

I read some really great books this past week.  My fav was a book that I downloaded from my local library called TOM HORN AND THE APACHE KID by Andrew J. Fenady.  I'm a sucker for westerns and this one totally delivered.  I'll definitely be checking out more books by Fenady.  You'll find my other reviews on Goodreads.  Meanwhile, between watching A CHRISTMAS STORY and IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE countless times and more hours of football than hours in a day, it's been a wonderful Christmas break.  Hope you've had a chance to recharge your batteries too.

P.S. And to the saint of a woman in my husband's office who sent home the box of chocolate Christmas cookies? You are my hero.

P.S.S. And while some of us might be hibernating, Lisa over at Confessions of a Cheer Mom is still doing her Monday Author Blog Hop.  (I don't think Lisa ever sleeps!) I noticed a few new authors this week.  Check them out. 

6 comments:

Jennifer Lane said...

Awwww, that little bear is adorable! Cuddling up next to him/her would definitely make me want to hibernate. Unfortunately I'm working all week although it appears that my clients are choosing to cancel like crazy!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Hmmm. Chocolate honey pot. Something very erotic about that!

Good luck with the Apache Kid. (Can't we get you to play at Romancing the Past?)

Daisy said...

I'm hibernating too, only with cheese and crackers (my drug of choice.) And cleaning to cave, definitely cleaning!

Nas Dean said...

What a cute picture of the hibernating bear. Love it!

Angelina Rain said...

That is such a cute picture. I feel like hibernating. I just lost my job so I just want to crawl under a rock and sleep there until a new job will land in my lap.

About the Author blog hop. Do you have to be published in order to join or can you just have a contract?

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks for stopping by, ladies! Especially on a lazy, Christmas-cookie filled week. Hope you're hibernating too. :-)

Angelina, regarding the Monday Author Hop, I believe that you can join if you're published or under contract. Check Lisa's site for the deets. Hope to see you on it next week!