Monday, December 20, 2010

Be It Ever So Humble

After almost a month away from home, I'm finally back. 

I had a great time with my sister and her family and reconnected with cousins that I hadn't seen in way too long.  Lots of laughs, tears, shopping, snowball fights, limoncellos, and late nights.  Time to return to normal.  And definitely the gym.  At least for a week until Christmas and New Year's.

My writing suffered in that I did very little of it but I did come up with a killer short story Christmas idea that I started to write on the plane ride home.  There's something to be said for recharging your batteries.  Hope you get to recharge this week and next, in between families, Christmas traditions, and baking.  :-)

Blogging might be a little on the sparse side in the next week or two but I'll always share something when the mood strikes.

Hey, don't forget to join Angelina Rain's Best of 2010 Blogfest, if you can! Click here.

Merry Christmas!    

13 comments:

Nas Dean said...

Hi, glad you had a nice holiday.

Mery Christmas to you as well!

Angelina Rain said...

I’m glad to hear you’re back home. I’m sure you will not miss the cold.

Dru said...

Welcome home and I'm glad you had a good visit with your sister.

Sherri said...

Welcome home. Recharging the ol' batteries is always a good thing.

Maria Zannini said...

Welcome home, Liz.

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks, all! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas too.

MT said...

Sounds like you had a much deserved break. Merry Chistmas! :)

Madeleine said...

ooh how exciting for your short story idea/ recharging your creative batteries. HAPPY CHRISTMAS :O)

Liz Fichera said...

MT and Madeleine, Thanks and Merry Christmas to you too!!

Talei said...

Always good to recharge! Good to hear you had a nice break with your sister. ;) Have a very Merry Christmas too!

PS: Did I mention I downloaded your book? Its on my holiday reading list, looking forward to it.

Liz Fichera said...

Talei, *Hugs* Hope you enjoy and have a very Merry Christmas!

Shirley Wells said...

We all need to recharge the batteries now and again. So glad you had such a wonderful time. *And* you got a short story idea. Great stuff!

Merry Christmas, Liz, and all best wishes for 2011!

Jennie Bailey said...

Definitely much to be said for recharging the batteries. It helps us come back fresh and be more productive, I think. Plus, we have to have things to drawn upon. Welcome home! Signed up for the blogfest!