Monday, November 22, 2010

This Is Your Brain

This is your brain.


This is your brain after a weekend of nonstop blogging.


This past weekend was my inaugural foray into hosting a Blog Hop and I must say that I had an absolute blast reading the First Gift stories that people shared.  By the time the weekend had ended, I had experienced the whole gamut of rollercoaster emotions that comes from reading personal stories.  Happy, sad, heart-warming, funny, refreshingly honest--they were all a little bit of everything.  Again, a big ginormous Thank You to everyone who participated!  I thoroughly enjoyed learning more about you through your stories.  You totally rocked my weekend.

I did step away from the computer for a short time on Saturday night to visit my favorite Cuban restaurant, Club Babaloos which, by the way, has the absolute best mojitos in Phoenix.  Later, Craig and I watched a totally hysterical movie called SHE'S OUT OF MY LEAGUE.  Kind of THE HANGOVER-lite in crudeness but very funny.  I think Craig liked it even more than I did, although I really liked it!  It was more guy-lit than chick-lit.  Definitely worth a rental.  

Hard to believe that we'll be celebrating Thanksgiving here in the States on Thursday.  So much to do, so little time.  Shopping, baking, getting the house ready.  Oy.  And I've only written 10,000 words in my unofficially official NaNoWriMo WIP this month.  November has been too busy for words, pun intended.  Next month must be better.  Must.

******
And speaking of blog hops...

Don't forget the Monday Author Blog Hop hosted by the super-cool Lisa.  Check out her site for more deets and then hop on!


14 comments:

Donna Cummings said...

Liz, I enjoyed the blog hop too--it was the first time I'd ever participated in one, and it was a lot of fun reading so many different stories on one topic.

And I'm jealous of the Cuban restaurant and mojitos. YUM!

Lia Bal said...

I definitely enjoyed the blog hop and would definitely do it again. I still need to read everyone’s entries as I haven’t had time yet, but I will get to it. I haven’t had time to write either, so don’t feel bad. I honestly don’t see myself writing a single word until January at least since I’m back to living at my job.

Maria Zannini said...

Ref: This is your brain after a weekend of nonstop blogging.

This explains a lot about the state of my brain.

Francine said...

Hi,

Simply loved participating in the blog-hop, and many thanks for hosting it.

I'm addicted to blogfesting and the like so it was no wonder I dived in head first. And - boy oh boy - is Dec crammed with festive blogfests! That said, the writing side of things just gets better: blogfesting fab relaxation therapy. ;)

best
F

Georgina Dollface said...

I missed the blog hop! What was I thinking? It sounds like it was a fun one. I'm like you - I love reading people's personal stories, so maybe I will try to hop on a few of last weeks entries on First Gifts. Have a Great Thanksgiving weekend! - G

Kittie Howard said...

I wish I could open an early Christmas gift and find Time inside. Oy, the holidays cometh!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

Pauline Barclay said...

I loved the Blog hop, it was my first, but I am pleased to say, it won't be my last. :)
Wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving day on Thursday.

Elise Warner said...

Lordy, Liz. I thought the first photo of a brain was an oatmeal cookie. Missed the blog hop-but now I can tell the difference between navy and black.

Liz Fichera said...

Donna, Lia, Francine, Kittie, Pauline - I'm so glad to hear you had fun! Thanks for being a part of it. :-)

Maria, After your whole month of blogging, you're probably ready for a blog-free vacation, yes?!

Georgina, no problem. Maybe I'll catch you next time!

Elise, welcome back!! I've missed you!

Joanna St. James said...

ha ha that means i have a bit of your brain on my dining table.
The blog hop was fun and the stories were even funnier

Taryn Kincaid said...

I am finding the chocolate frosting/chocolate pudding brain ever so much more tempting and attractive!

Is that wrong?

Liz Fichera said...

Taryn, That is nothing but right!

Joanna, I hope you're referring to chocolate. ;-)

Marianne Arkins said...

Liz, I visit every day, but my brain looks like that one you posted of chocolate mush and I can seldom think of anything worthy to say. But ... I just had to make my mark.

X

Jennifer Lane said...

Hope you got lots of new followers in the blog hop, Liz!

That photo of your brain after blogging looks rather yummy, actually. Is it okay if I dip some fruit into your brain? ;)