How To Do A Blog Tour
If there's one thing I've learned it's that experience will slap you silly with smarts if you take the time to pay attention. After my first blog tour for Touch Of Fire, I picked up some tips that I will gladly share with you today.
• Mindset. Stop looking at promotion as if it were something shameful. It's not. It's a means of telling others about your latest work. Unless you're selling cheap suits, stop worrying.
• Plan ahead. Most authors have a fair idea when their book will release. Plan for a blitz immediately before and after that first week of release when you will be the media darling.
• Schedule your stops at least a couple of months ahead of time and write those posts well in advance. You are going to have enough to do without having to write a scintillating post before deadline.
• Network. Not when your book is out, but right now. Visit blogs and forums often. Comment often. Make yourself VISIBLE. Readers respond to people who interact with them.
• Cast your web widely. Don't blog just at familiar places. Try some place new. Bring your blog followers with you and introduce them to a blog or web site they haven't been to before.
• Talk on a variety of subjects. Your readers don't want the same old pitch. Give them a reason to visit you while you're traveling from blog to blog. A writer is a storyteller, and storytellers are entertainers. Entertain.
• Can't figure out what to say?
• While everyone else is on tour, be sure to note where they've been, what they talked about, and what kind of response they got while they were there.
• And here is the biggest secret of all. Readers want relationships, not sales pitches. Give them a bit of yourself in every post.
Readers/Fans: Is there anything that drives you crazy about blog tours? Go ahead and rant. Tell us what you think.
Mix one cynical immortal and one true believer and throw them into the biggest alien-hunt the world has never known. Rachel Cruz is a Nephilim masquerading as an archeologist and she's stuck with an alien who believes she can lead him to his ancestral gods. Black Ops wants to find these gods too. They want them dead.
Follow Maria here:
Contest time! Every time you leave a comment, tweet or mention "Maria Zannini" anywhere with a link to my blog, your name goes in the hat for a chance to win a Texas sized prize. Go here for more information.
HOLD THE PRESSES! Maria has made it to the second round of the Kensington Contest. Vote for her novel, Mistress Of The Stone. (Maria is the one with the very cute dog.) Every vote, tweet and nudge is appreciated.