Monday, November 1, 2010

Home Sweet Home - Blogfest for the Lazy

I meant to post this earlier, and I blame the cough syrup for my forgetfulness.  Summer at And This Time, Concentrate challenged writers to share their writing spaces on November 1.  Naturally, I'm always a day late and a dollar short.  But better late than never, right?  Hey, it's not midnight yet at least where I live.

Without further ado, I give you my luxurious writing space:

Kidding!!




















Sheesh. I'm a bit messy sometimes but never THAT messy.  Anyway, seriously, here's my writing space when I'm not parked at my favorite corner table at the Paradise Bakery.  This is truly my fav spot in my house, right by my windows and next to my piano (that you can't see) and that I don't play nearly enough.


My writing space. Note the bag of chocolate covered espresso beans to the right of my Netbook.
















Good luck to everyone participating in NaNoWriMo!

14 comments:

Lia Bal said...

I must admit the top picture scared me a little. I like the second picture.

Dru said...

I'm glad it's the second picture that is your writing area. I also noticed the nook on the table.

Have a good Tuesday.

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Lia - Fear not! I'm not that messy. Usually. ;-)

Hi Dru - Yes! My nook is like an appendage. I seriously never leave home without it.

Donna Cummings said...

My writing space is generally my couch, although sometimes I go to my "office" (aka Starbucks) to absorb the energy, and to give my couch a little break!

I wish my writing space had an e-reader though. . .Maybe Santa has it on his list for me. LOL

Summer said...

You seriously had me going for a second with that first photo! I was already trying to think of the nice thing I would try and say about it...

Good thing I don't have to be insincere! :)

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Donna, DEFINITELY ask Santa for an e-reader this year!! Love mine.

Hi Summer, If you would have complimented me on that first photo, I would have known something was up. :-) Can you imagine working in that space?? I found it on a "World's Messiest Office Spaces" web site or some such. So glad mine is much prettier. And a lot fewer computer wires.

Jamie Burch said...

That first picture is terrifying! Then to see your real space is so serene and inspiring.

Happy writing!

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Jamie - and thank you! Glad you liked it. :-)

Shirley Wells said...

For a minute there, I thought you'd sneaked into my office and taken a photo... ;)

I love your writing space. It looks so relaxing.

Talli Roland said...

I almost freaked out for a second when I saw that first photo!

Your space looks very calming. I love it!

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Shirley - Seriously?! Somehow I find that very hard to believe!

Hi Talli - In all honesty, I did dust the coffee table before I took the pic! And there may have been a chocolate candy wrapper or three that I tossed in the garbage. All in all, it's a pretty quiet spot. Most of the time.

Fiction Vixen said...

Dead god that cluttered pic is giving me massive stress!! no!!

J.Rose Allister said...

Hi...found you via the Meet an Author Monday blog hop! I cracked up over the messy photo--and was impressed with your real one. My writing space is also a couch, but never looks that organized! Hope your NaNo count is going well--I've been participating for five years now and love it.

Liz Fichera said...

Fiction Viction - sorry about that! Deep breaths!

Hi J.Rose - great to meet you! Glad you stopped by. I must confess that I did kind of straighten things up a bit before I took the pic. ;-)