Friday, November 5, 2010

Bam! Pow! Wham!

I can only come out for a minute to play today, but I had to share this cool Batman poster.  As a kid, I loved Batman And Robin, and I can't tell you how badly I wanted to drive the Batmobile and scale those grey buildings in Gotham City in nothing more than black leather boots, tights, and a cape.  And a mask.  Yes, I wanted to be BatGirl and fight the bad guys with the Dynamic Duo--if only for a day.  An hour!

I probably had a crush on Robin too.  He was kinda cute in a Risky Business Tom Cruise sort of way.  And how was it that no one in the show could ever identify the men behind Batman and Robin?  Robin only ever wore those black glasses.  Wouldn't the police commissioner have noticed?  I mean, unless you were blind or younger than two years old, you could pretty much figure out that Robin was really Dick Grayson and vice versa.  Ditto for Batman and Bruce Wayne.  But when we love stories, I suppose we're always willing to cut the characters (and the writers) a little slack. 

Well, back to my Bat Cave.  It's been a crazy busy writing week for me and I can't seem to shake my cold.  Great timing, yes?!  I bet BatGirl never had to worry about getting sick!

For those of you participating in NaNoWriMo, hope your first week has been productive! Stay healthy!

14 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Sorry you're still battling that cold. We need to give it Wham! Pow! medicine.

Get better soon.

Lia Bal said...

Hey Liz,
Good luck with writing and I hope you feel better soon. If you don’t mind me asking, what are you currently writing?

Joanna St. James said...

oh Liz get well soon, cuz am better now did u get some meds?

Colette said...

Give that cold some good ole batgirl medicine!

Tina said...

Let the batcave work for you -- at least with a cold, you have an excuse to take the phone off the hook, say no to anybody who wants you to do something . . .

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks for the well wishes, ladies! I'm feeling better but boy, howdy, did this cold take hold! It came out of nowhere.

Lia - I'm writing an ending to a current novel while simultaneously doing the research for another that I started. Thanks so much for asking! How's your book coming along?

Talli Roland said...

Hope you feel better!

I liked Robin, too. He just seemed more down to earth than Batman!

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Talli - the older I got, the more I liked Batman. That guy is hilarious.

KarenG said...

Awesome poster!! My crush was always on Superman though.

Liz Fichera said...

Karen, can't disagree. Superman was way cool. Always loved that little black curliecue that hung on his forehead.

Dru said...

I hope you feel better soon.

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks, Dru! Me, too.

Georgina Dollface said...

I loved Batman Robin too. My brother was Batman for Halloween one year, I was WonderWoman and my cousin was SuperMan.

There was a famous restauranteur here in Vancouver, named Frank Baker, who collected vintage cars. He had two on display in a glass showroom underneath his restaurant. My memery of it was that is was THE Batmobile, but a google search tells me it was just really swanky Aston Martin. I guess my brother and I had really active imaginations.
Hope you are feeling better soon! - G

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm mostly on track with NaNo - need to do some writing today!