Friday, October 1, 2010

Knock, Knock. Who's There? Your Muse.

My muse has been a bit irritating lately. Well, make that more than a bit.  Instead of popping into my brain or sitting on my shoulder first thing in the morning when my mind is fresh, my muse likes to wake me up in the middle of the night or--worse--pop into my brain with a brilliant idea right when I'm trying to sleep.  Annoying, really.

If only muses made appointments.  Or could email ahead of time with a warning.  It would make planning and sleep so much easier.  Therefore, please disregard the dark circles underneath my eyes.  (Thank goodness for those new dark sunglasses I just bought.)

Speaking of planning, I'm participating in a cool Blog Fest this weekend called the Bad News Blog Fest hosted by Francine over at Romancing the Blog.

Say, what? you ask.

Yes, say I. 

It's a blog fest where writers get to share writing snippets that demonstrate the delivery of bad news between characters in their stories.  Each excerpt should be no more than 1000 words and demonstrate emotional impact.  So, keep those tissues handy as you jog around the blogosphere and read posts where writers attempt to tug at your heartstrings.

I'll be sharing a never-seen-before excerpt from CAPTIVE SPIRIT.  Please stop by tomorrow for more linkage fun.

Cheers, everybody!  And Happy Friday!

12 comments:

Taryn Kincaid said...

My muse likes to drive my car. I guess it was Born to Run. Or sumpin' like that.

I'd love to get in on the weep fest! What do I have to do? (Feel free to e me.)

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Taryn!

Francine's blog fest is open to all writers - feel free to join and the more the merrier! The link is in my post today.

Joanna St. James said...

my muse has fluttered away, luckily I still have my paper manuscripts to type and edit while I await "that whose name cannot be mentioned"

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Joanna!

You're waiting on Lord Valdemort??! ;-) Good luck to you, girlfriend!

Georgina Dollface said...

Oh yes, you are right about the Muse! She always shows up when it works for her, and never when I stamp my feet and cry "Where are you?I neeeeed you!" Methinks my Muse is probably part feline. She'll show up when she's good and ready. Until then, I'll just have to be patient. - G

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Georgina!

And welcome back from your trip. The photos were absolutely gorgeous, btw!

A cat? Hmmmm. Not sure what mine is, exactly, although he/she sure doesn't know how to read a clock!

Donna Cummings said...

My muse is Endora, from Bewitched. LOL It's SO hard to impress her, she's dismissive, BUT she manages to get my name right most of the time.

She'll disappear in a flash, but then reappear when I least expect it. She is definitely entertaining, and works on her own schedule. LOL

Talina Perkins said...

My muse tends to walk around talking giberish until about four in the afternoon. Said muse also knows I have to cook dinner instead of write around that time. I am sure it is a daily planned assult.

The blogfest sounds really fun, Liz. I look forward to reading your snippet from Captive Spirit.

Happy Friday to all!

Liz Fichera said...

Donna!!!

I LOVE that!!! Endora?! That is perfect. You got Endora and I think I got Samantha's crazy cousin. Or maybe even Larry Tate!

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Talina!

Long time, no see! How's it going in your neck of the woods?

Wait. Your muse cooks dinner?! :-)

Look forward to seeing you back here tomorrow. It should be fun!

Maria Zannini said...

What are you complaining about?

My muse drinks. And he's a mean drunk. ...no, wait. That's me.

LOL.

Liz Fichera said...

LOL! Maria! Thanks - I needed that today.