Friday, October 15, 2010

It's 5 o'clock Somewhere

I haven't had a virtual Friday cocktail party in a while, so today is the day.  Kick up your feet, help yourself to the bar, and don't be bashful about enjoying the appetizers.  Everything comes with one of those pretty little umbrellas and they're calorie-free.

Jeez, this week has flown by!  I'm working on two books, reading two more and in the middle of everything, I'm trying to stay out of the way of a couple of home remodeling projects.  (By the way, I finally got my new appliances!)  But my hands have been dipping into the Halloween chocolate bags way too often!  Note to self: Must run 30 extra minutes tomorrow. 

This weekend, I'll be finishing up my reread of Diana Gabaldon's OUTLANDER, and I also plan to start an interesting book called AGAAT by Marlene Van Niekert for my book club.  Meanwhile, I've been participating with daily posts over at The Romance Studio's October Spookapalooza with Halloween "Best of" lists.  Remember that the more you comment, the better your chances to win books, gift cards, and even a Kindle.  Cool, eh?

So how was your week?  *mixes a Cosmo*  What are your weekend plans?

Have a great weekend!

18 comments:

Georgina Dollface said...

The title made me laugh! As a kid, I never understood what that expression meant when my Dad used it, but now I know what it means and yeah, he wasn't the only one who could find a way to justify happy hour at any hour. - G

Joanna St. James said...

I wish I saw this before I scared my son with the sound of my blender and you are right its way past midnight in Fiji so drink on people.
Agaat sounds interesting I can't wait to read your review

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Georgina!

Did our parents know each other?! Great to see you. :-)

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Joanna,

oooh, blender?? Daquiri, margarita? Yum! I'm looking forward to Agaat. A woman in my book club wanted to discuss it even before our next meeting, so I am definitely intrigued now. It does sound good.

Tina said...

If mojitos had caffeine, they'd be for breakfast every day. 8 AM.

This weekend, I'm finishing the review of Captive Spirit (which I LOVED, so this is a pleasure) and posting it on Monday at (what else) The Mojito Literary Society to inaugurate our new Book Review Mondays.

And I'm also lying around in the blissfully autumn air -- that's on the agenda too.

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Tina,

Wait just a minute: Mojitos can't be substituted for breakfast?! I'll be going to my fav Cuban restaurant this weekend, and there will be mojitos on the menu. Definitely.

*Hugs* to you for enjoying my novel. :-)

Shirley Wells said...

My week has been busy and exciting. :)
I might have to read OUTLANDER again. I just loved it.
The weekend? I'm planning on having a very lazy one. Oh - did that sound like famous last words?
Have a great weekend, Liz!

Shirley Wells said...

My week has been busy and exciting. :)
I might have to read OUTLANDER again. I just loved it.
The weekend? I'm planning on having a very lazy one. Oh - did that sound like famous last words?
Have a great weekend, Liz!

Shirley Wells said...

Ugh. Blogger is being a complete pain. It tells me the comment won't post - and then posts it. Sigh.

Terry Linhart said...

I'm finishing M. Connelly's latest crime/mystery, THE REVERSAL. He brings two of his MC into one book. One chapter is first person (Haller) and the next third person (Bosch) and so on. Interesting.

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Shirley,

Hope you get to squeeze in a much-deserved celebration!

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Terry,

I may have to check out that book. Multiple POVs? Not easy to pull off. I'm intrigued. I'll have to check out those mysteries. Thanks for stopping by!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Here you go: this Sexy Wine Bomb wine should be good for a laugh, if nothing else! (Well, except for the part about the "bad romance novel!")

http://www.sexywinebomb.com/wine

Liz Fichera said...

Taryn, that web site is hilarious! What a great name for wine!!

Talli Roland said...

The week has flown by here, too! Been busy editing, editing, editing... my head's about to explode. And the weekend holds... more editing! So pass me a drink, please -- I need it! :)

Cheers!

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Talli,

You've come to the right place--the bar is fully stocked all weekend. ;-) Good luck with your edits!

Ann Best said...

You sound like you've had a busy but fun week. Hope the weekend was good too!
Ann

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Ann,

Great to see you again! Yes, the weekend was great. And can't believe it's over already!!