Monday, October 4, 2010

Blog Schmog

I have a love-hate relationship with Blogger.  When it works, it works like a champ.  But when something goes wrong, forgettaboutit.

My latest blogger issue? My email notifications don't work.  *Sigh*  I'm wondering if it's because I recently changed my blogger template?  Who knows, but I'm convinced that someone evil like Dwight Shroot from THE OFFICE moonlights at the nonexistent Blogger.com HelpDesk.  Anyway, it just goes to show that maybe I should have left well enough alone.  That old green psychedelic template I used to have wasn't so bad...
It's raining cupcakes!

On a happier note, a cupcake cafe opened within walking distance to my house which is good because I started writing my next novel in earnest this weekend after a couple of false starts.  Sugar can be quite motivating.  Reality check, though:  I'll be running an extra mile every day to compensate for my pink cupcake with chocolate sprinkles habit.  But, jeez, they're worth it, and I don't know what it is about pretty cupcakes but they always make me smile.  Drizzle them with chocolate sprinkles and I can become absolutely giddy. Yeah, it's the little things.  It's the little fattening, artery-clogging, wonderfully delish things.

Hey, it's Monday already peeps!  If you want to participate in the Monday Author Blog Hop hosted by the California Cheer Mom, hop on her web site and enter.  It's that simple.  Or just follow around.  Stalking is allowed.  And much appreciated.  You never know what wonderful books you'll meet.
 
Happy Monday!

19 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Ref: happier note/cupcake cafe

hmm...I'm glad I don't have one. Right now I have no willpower. LOL!

Ref: Blogger
Yeah. It goes through phases. Kinda like puberty.

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Maria!

I seriously want to slap Blogger today. And I wanted to slap it all last week too. Good thing it's "free."

Donna Cummings said...

Oooh, cupcakes. I wonder if the caffeine in my coffee would cancel out the cupcake calories! LOL

Congrats on getting started on the next book -- that IS a great feeling. :)

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Donna!

I live under the delusion that cupcakes don't come with calories. It's easier that way. :-)

N. R. Williams said...

I recently gave my blog a face lift too. Cupcakes! I bought a cupcake cook book to create the little wonders with my grand kids.
Enjoy,
Nancy
N. R. Williams, fantasy author

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Nancy!

I hope you're not experiencing the same problems that I'm having. I wish that I had a little time machine so I could go back a few weeks and change it back. If only...

A cupcake cookbook?! That sounds wonderful.

Taryn Kincaid said...

My favorite is when Blogger won't let me sign in to my own blog! All weekend.
Argggh!

Now I want a cupcake.

Anne R. Allen said...

Isn't it amazing how Blogger has these little hissy fits at regular intervals? I had the same problem as Taryn--not being able o sign into my own blog. A reboot seemed to fix it, but it sure can be annoying. Then there was the week all my comments started disappearing. And when I changed my template...I can't go into it. It's just too painful to talk about. Sigh. But I've recovered. Blogger usually does too. But it's like a high-maintenence bad boyfriend, isn't it?

Shirley Wells said...

Ooh, cupcake. I so want one. :-)

Congrats on getting that new book started!

Joanna St. James said...

Cupcakes Yum!
do they do online delivery?
Blogger has not crossed me yet I hope they don't.\
Good Luck with the new book :)

Nicki Elson said...

Mmmm, cupcakes. I totally get you with the necessity of incentives. It's strange, because writing is what I love to more than almost anything else, but I always have to talk myself into focusing. And Blogger being a jerk is no way to improve my focus! I hope you get your issues straightened out. And have fun with that new novel. :)

Liz Fichera said...

Taryn, all weekend?! What is up with Blogger? Glad you're back.

Hi Anne, I love that: high maintenance boyfriend! Must remember that one. But at least a HM boyfriend brings you out to dinner occasionally. I can't even get the Blogger HelpDesk to return an email. Their email account is a hoax, I'm convinced.

Shirley, Joanna, & Nicki - There have been moments (like most of last week) when I seriously contemplated opening up a cupcake business. But then I remembered that I don't know how to cook. At all.

N. R. Williams said...

Hi Liz, there's an award on my site for you.
Nancy
N. R Williams, fantasy author

Liz Fichera said...

Thank you, Nancy! :-)

Talli Roland said...

Blogger is annoying me SO much lately. I had so many problems lately!

Yay for the cupcakes!

Monti said...

Liz,

I tried to sign up to follow your blog and it won't let me. Is that a Blogger glitch?

Monti
http://marymontaguesikes.blogspot.com

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Talli!

Welcome back! And I sincerely hope you haven't been having the blogger issues I've been having. Wouldn't wish those on anyone. Grrrr! Stupid Blogger....

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Monti!

Great to meet you! Sorry about the "follow" glitch. That is a new one. Hopefully it will fix itself soon. It seemed to be working okay yesterday.

I'll come visit you!

Georgina Dollface said...

A cupcake cafe near your house?!? How awesome is that? If there was one near me, I think I'd be going there three times a week for dessert. This cupcake bakery business is one of the best new trends ever! Wish I had gotten in on the ground floor on that idea. (But then again, I'd probably just eat the profits!) - G