Friday, October 22, 2010

An American in Paris

Today I'm hopping back on the Bloggy Plane Express again and visiting mon amie, Joanna St. James in France.  *Happy Sigh*  I can smell the espresso and pain au chocolat already!

Joanna is such a cool writer and her blog always has helpful information about all writerly things.  If you're not following her, you're definitely missing out.  Plus, she posts some of the most beautiful photos of Corsica that I have ever seen.  It's like an instant vacation visiting her blog.  And she's wonderfully funny.

I'm honored that she invited me to visit today.  She asked me a few super-secret questions.  So hop on over and join the fun!  And bring your beret!

P.S. You might be surprised to learn that I lived in France for a year in the 80's.  One of the best years of my life.  And, yeah, the Eiffel Tower still gives me goosebumps every time I see it. 

Come play with us! Click here.

À bientôt!

14 comments:

Joanna St. James said...

aaww This is nice Liz I am humbled. If we ever end up at a conference together I am bring you a pain au chocolat straight from the boulangerie next door.

Liz Fichera said...

You're welcome, Joanna! Thanks for having me!

And I'll bring the Tequila and the tortillas!

Colette said...

Oh lucky you! I love Paris!

Liz Fichera said...

Me too, Colette!

And your comment just reminded me of a great song--"I love Paris in the Springtime" sung by Frank Sinatra. Such a fun song to play on the piano too.

Joanna St. James said...

I am going to paris in the Springtime, I dont care if allergies render me useless i still have to go and prolly swing a little bit of disney too.

KarenG said...

Oh dang I thought you really were in France visiting Joanna. She is awesome! Will stop by!

Liz Fichera said...

Joanna, Lucky you! Me=Envious!

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks, Karen! Au Revoir!

Hold my hand: a social worker's blog said...

Liz,
that was a great interview. I am checking out your book. :-)

Doris

Marieke said...

Great interview Liz! Like I said on Joanna's blog - your book sounds like something I'd love!

And ah, Paris. I've only been there once, but would love to go back! (And brush up on my French!) I did live abroad for a while too... loved it! Such a great experience! :D

Nice to virtually meet you!

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Doris,

So great to meet you! And that is so sweet of you to check out my book. Thank you!!

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Marieke,

Thanks for visiting my blog and it's so great to meet you too! I loved Paris too and hope to get back there some day soon. I loved the people--my experience was nothing but positive. I also lived for a time in Dijon, France. Loved that part of the country too.

Jen Daiker said...

Your interview was amazing!!! It was really nice to get to know you more!!! This was such a great interview, one of my favorites to read!

Liz Fichera said...

Aw, Jen!

Thank you so very much! I really appreciate your kind words. Glad you enjoyed it. :-)