Friday, September 24, 2010

Tease!

Oh, jeez.  I can't share the deets (yet) but I had some really great news this week!! Once everything is signed, sealed, and delivered, I'll share it with you here.  I'm biting at the bit to do so, believe me! *screams into hands*

In other writerly news, I finished another set of edits to a young adult novel that I totally love like a child!  I was saying to Holly this week after I emailed it back to her that I felt like I delivered triplets.  Seriously.  This one felt like some serious labor.  But this time, I believe I got all the nooks and crannies, rough edges, and twists and turns exactly right.  And I so very much want to share that story with you too.  It's been a long time comin'.  Here's hoping the Writer Gods shine their light on that one!

By the way, today's post photo has absolutely nothing to do with anything.  I just thought the lil' guy was cute. 

So, how was your week?  Anything new and exciting to report?  Any cool weekend plans?  Let's dish.  It's Friday.  The weekend is (finally) here.

I'll be reading Susanna Ives, RAKES AND RADISHES.  And to celebrate this week's good news, Craig and I are going to our fav Cuban restaurant on Saturday night.  There may even be dancing.  Mojitos, here I come!

15 comments:

Shirley Wells said...

Ooh, you awful tease. How can you do that to us?

Seriously, I hope you celebrate in style. I also hope this news is a 'yes' to another as good as Captive Spirit. :)

Have a lovely weekend!

Donna Cummings said...

Hooray for the really great news! I am excited to hear what it is. :) And I'm envious of the Cuban food and mojitos. LOL

I wish I had something new and exciting to report, but I got nada!

Hey, my comment code is "oprat", which is almost like "oprah". :) Maybe it's a sign for us! LOL

Joanna St. James said...

aaww Liz do tell and congratulations on ur triplets may they get published and bring you joy :)
i am starting a storyboard series on my blog so am kind of excited and will be sending my requested partial in next week after my cps hack it into gold. have a nice weekend

Susanna Ives said...

Not sharing Mojito-worthy news is just cruel, cruel, cruel. Still I hope you bask/wallow in your awesomeness. Dang I LOVE Cuban food.

Thanks for the RAKES AND RADISHES shout out!

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks for all the kind comments, ladies! Sorry for the tease!
But I'm feeling like a total tease geek this week!

Stephanie Faris said...

Congrats on your good news. I know how it is...I never like to say anything until its final.

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Stephanie!

Nice to meet you and thanks for the kind words. Yep. I'm the same way. I need to hold it in my hands first. Theoretically.

Dru said...

I can't wait to hear your good news.

No plans for the weekend, except think about my next quilt project.

Have a good weekend.

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks, Dru! Look forward to seeing pics of your next quilt!

Maria Zannini said...

A shameless tease, at that!

I'm not speaking to you again until you spill.

:tapping foot:

Spill already! LOL.

Whatever it is, congrats.

Marianne Arkins said...

That is BEYOND cruel. I'll be laying awake all night... wondering.

ARGH!!!

Hurry up and spill it. Please?

Liz Fichera said...

Yes, I know. I am completely shameless! :-)

Georgina Dollface said...

I can't wait to hear the good news!
I'm just back from holidays and don't have much exciting news to report but I love reading about everyone else's blessings! Don;t keep us hanging too long! - G

Taryn Kincaid said...

Congrats on the good news! (Isn't a call or email good enough to merit an announcement anymore??? Have to have paper signed, sealed and delivered?? I'd perish!)

Liz Fichera said...

I'm the better safe than sorry type. There's always a little voice in my ear saying, "Hey, they'll take it back!!" Paranoid, I know. It's a sickness.