Monday, September 6, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

The long weekend continues because writers never sleep.  The party began on Friday with a virtual Blog BBQ where I met lots of cool people from, literally, all over the world.  It continues today with the Monday Author Blog Hop.  (Link and details below if you'd like to join!)

Besides adult beverages, BBQs and blog hopping, I've also been a reading machine this weekend and made great progress with my TBR pile.  I read three books and started a fourth.  Craig and I drove up to northern Arizona where there is blessedly cool weather, beautiful mountains, and pine trees.  The perfect place to curl up with my nook and a cup of tea.  You can read my reviews from this weekend on Goodreads, but one book in particular that I could not put down was Shirley Wells' PRESUMED DEAD. 

I'm currently reading something a little different--a memoir entitled COLD TANGERINES by Shauna Niequist.  I'm not usually drawn to memoirs but I'm finding this book very uplifting, humorous, and heart-wrenchingly real.  So far, it has my undivided attention.  And I adore the title.

Hope you've had a relaxing weekend!  What are you reading lately that you could recommend?

******

Don't forget to join the Monday Author Blog Hop:

16 comments:

Shirley Wells said...

Thanks so much, Liz. I'm still blushing. :)

I'm in the Blog Hop. What a great idea. I just, um, needed a displacement activity...

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Shirley!

Your book was terrific! The perfect kind of book that you don't want to put down. And I didn't. Except to get up and pour myself more tea. :-)

Thanks for joining the hop!

Taryn Kincaid said...

Can't wait to have a cover or release date to join this Blog Hop! So much fun!

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Taryn!

Looking forward to it too! :-)

Cindy Spencer Pape said...

Thanks for passing along the blog hop! Glad you're having a good weekend!

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Cindy!

Thanks for hopping on! Having a great weekend - wish they all could be long ones, though.

Joanna St. James said...

are u a regular tea drinker or was the book just so it called for tea? I'm a brit so anytime I hear tea am glad

Shelley Munro said...

It sounds as if you're having a great weekend.

I've recently discovered Emma Wildes who writes historicals. I loved her Lessons form a Scarlet Lady

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Joanna,

I actually prefer tea in the morning and coffee in the afternoon. The stronger, the better. No milk, no sugar.

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Shelley,

So nice to see you here! I've not read any of Wildes but will definitely check her out. Thanks for stopping by!

Talli Roland said...

Wow - you have been busy! Go Liz go!

I've been reading The Peacock Emporium by Jojo Moyles. It's a great read so far!

Devon Ellington said...

I start teaching a workshop next week on one of my favorite books, Sharon Shinn's MYSTIC AND RIDER. so I've been loving that. I adore her Twelve Houses series.

Unfortunately, a lot of the books I've read lately, including those I've been paid to review, have been very disappointing.

Let's hope that changes soon!

Best wishes for a lovely September, and congrats on the book!

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Talli,

Thanks for stopping by the BBQ! Yeah, it's been a busy year and only getting busier. But good busy.

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Devon,

Nice to meet you! Hope you have a wonderful September as well, and thanks for stopping by.

Angie Ledbetter said...

The BBQ blog hop was fun...even if I got indigestion and a new bunion. :D

I'm reading Anne of Avonlea right now, researching a few things for my ms revisions.

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Angie!

I'm still recovering from the BBQ hop. So many places, so little time. Glad you stopped by!