Friday, August 6, 2010

It's 5 o'clock Somewhere!

Yep. It's that time again.  It's finally Friday and the virtual bar is open.  This week I've even brought along a chocolate fountain and a karaoke machine but, so help me, the first person who tries to sing a Madonna song will get a time out. 

Remember that it's time to relax and dish.  About anything. 

As your hostess, I'll start.

Yesterday at my happy place (aka my local Borders), while sipping an iced coffee and noshing on a vanilla bean scone, I picked up J.A. Jance's latest, Queen of the Night.  I had read a quick snippet about her book in the Sunday newspaper.  I was intrigued that it contained a Tohono o'odham Indian legend about a grandmother who is turned into a cactus flower that only blooms once a year.  That flower is called the Queen of the Night.  Anyway, she starts off with the Indian legend in her prologue.  I only read a few chapters but I was intrigued.  I may be downloading onto my nook. Has anyone else read it?

By the way, this morning I am enjoying a virtual Bloody Mary.  I felt like something a little salty and tomato juice seemed kind of healthy.  The best of both worlds.  Don't forget to indulge in the chocolate fountain! It's calorie-free!

How was your week?

14 comments:

Dru said...

You have the nook? Have you ever lent a book out?

My week was a bit frustrating (work wise) and pleasant (work wise) and unfortunately I can't say much in a public arena.

The good news is my vacation is fast approaching and I can't wait to be on that plane headed to the west coast.

My drink for today: Virgin Pina Colada.

The Orlando Hug Zone said...

Our morning libation? A Virgin Rose Kennedy (a.k.a. cranberry juice with a splash of soda).

Busy week -- the middle of which was interrupted by 24 hours of a common human ailment, but will proffer that we *do* work in our sleep ;D

Appreciate the invitation, the excellent company, and especially the chocolate fountain! ~Molly

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Dru,

Yes, I have a nook but I have not tried the lending feature yet. I think a person can lend a book for two weeks but after that I'm not quite sure what happens to the book--e.g. does it self-destruct or something?

Glad you have a vacation coming up. Me, too. Can't wait!

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Molly,

Love your Hug Zone blog, btw! Looks like you had much success at RWA too. $55K? That is incredible. And such a worthwhile cause.

Help yourself to the chocolate fountain! :-)

Maria Zannini said...

Ref: I felt like something a little salty...

Okay, I got as far as salty and started giggling. --sorry.

Thanks for the smile.

Liz Fichera said...

Maria,

Anytime! Bloody Marys tend to do that. ;-)

Talli Roland said...

I'm drinking wine right now - my week is done! Phew! It was a crazy one. I'm glad it's over!

Liz Fichera said...

Talli, Have a great weekend!

Talina Perkins said...

Mexican Pozole is what I am having right now. It's a chicken soup with corn and fresh raw cabbage and radishes for a healthy topping.
* passes a bowl to everyone*

Now I'll indulge in a nice virtual grande margarita, please! That ought to get me in the writing mood.

I can't believe how fast this week went by. I have literally spent every single day cleaning my house. I would finish with one task and then find another that just had to be done for the following day. The positive side to that is I have NO dust bunnies anywhere!

The heat is beating down on us so this weekend will be all about pool time and writing in the A/C. Can't forget those fruity drink with the little umbrellas either!

I'd like to check out Queen of the Night. I guess my next stop is B&N! It does sound interesting. Thanks for sharing, Liz, and thanks for the drinks!

~Talina

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Talina,

Thanks for bringing along such a tasty dish! :-) Sounds like you've started a well-deserved weekend. We will be doing much of the same here but hoping for a little rain.

Georgina Dollface said...

Oh, I'm so glad the week is over! (And the sad part about that is that it was only a four day week! I must be getting old! - G

Ann Best said...

Hi. I'm meeting you via KarenG (Coming Down the Mountain), and am glad I found you. I just sampled your novel Captive Spirit, and I'm intrigued enough that I think I'll buy it. I like historical romance, and I also grew up in the desert, in Salt Lake City, and lived for almost five years in St. George. Thought about moving to Phoenix. Went there once and stayed with friends. There's a lot I like about the desert, but I like Virginia more. So does my disabled daughter. I hope you'll come over and meet us.

I'll be back....
Ann

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Georgina, the shorter weeks are always killer! Hope you're enjoying a wonderful weekend! :-)

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Ann, Nice to meet you and just popped on over to your blog. Very inspiring! I'll be back. :-) Hope you enjoy Captive Spirit. Be sure to let me know what you think!