Monday, July 12, 2010

Stripped Down Naked

The first reviews are in for CAPTIVE SPIRIT! And I must say that having your book reviewed feels a little like walking in public, naked.  Not that I have much experience in the Walking Naked In Public Department, but you get the idea. Will people like the book? What will they think? Will they "get" my story?  My characters?  It's given me more than one sleepless night, I'll tell you that!

I've been fortunate and blessed and, so far, the reviews have been lovely.  What's more, I appreciate the time these reviewers took to read and post these reviews, especially when there are so many wonderful books out there from which to choose.

Here's a summary of the buzz:

"Readers will cheer for the intrepid Aiyana and brave Honovi as the teens fight for their chance at love despite the collapse of their world."   - RT Book Reviews

"This isn't your traditional romance - it's much more!"  - Peeking Between the Pages  

"Captive Spirit was utterly gripping and engaging." - Debuts & Reviews

"I hope there is a sequel to Captive Spirit and if there is, I can't wait to read it."   - Happily Ever After Reviews

******

As a side note, I'll be guest-blogging at a few more cool sites this week. Come play!:

1) Stacey Espino - Escape Into Romance (Tuesday)

2) Teresa D'Amario - (Wednesday) Tease: On Teresa's blog, we'll be talking about the mega-popular TWILIGHT, Team Jacob, the ever-so-hunky Taylor Lautner, and Native American characters in mainstream books and film.  There will be pictures.  Should be fun!

3) Bernita Harris - An Innocent A-Blog (Thursday)

13 comments:

Dru said...

Nice reviews. I'll have to check out your book.

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks, Dru! If you do, don't hestitate to tell me what you think. :-)

Jaimey Grant said...

Congrats on the great reviews, Liz! :o)

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks, Jaimey! It was easier when just my mother and sister "reviewed" my books! :-)

margaret blake said...

Many congratulations, Liz on these super reviews. Love the cover too.
Way to go!

Liz Fichera said...

Margaret, thank you so much! I love the cover too--the Carina Press artists are heaven-sent. :-)

Claire Robyns said...

Liz, those reviews are all wonderful! You can start breathing easy now...

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks, Claire! Unfortunately, I'm not wired to ever breathe too easily. Stop and smell the roses? Not me. I'm more the "keep running and smell the roses type"! It's a sickness.

Jenny Schwartz said...

They're great reviews! Can it get better than a reader hoping for a sequel? :) Congrats.

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks so much, Jenny! With any luck, I might get to write that sequel this summer! :-)

Marianne Arkins said...

Congrats on the reviews!! And, it's hard to put your baby out there and hope no one calls it ugly. Sounds like yours is beautiful (it's on my TBR on my Nook, but I have a pile I'm working through -- so many books, so little time *G*).

Rebecca E. Grant said...

Congratulations, Liz! The Universe has you in a giant hug.

Rebecca

*Rebecca E. Grant *
> Love is Unstoppable!

Liz Fichera said...

Marianne,

I know the feeling! I'm waiting for vacation next month to get caught up on my TBR pile. Hope you enjoy it! Be sure to let me know.

Rebecca,

Thanks, Rebecca! I'm trying to enjoy the moment. Trying. :-)