Monday, June 21, 2010

Introducing Carina Press Author Jenny Schwartz!

I want to welcome Jenny Schwartz to the blog today! Jenny is a Carina Press launch author, and she's written an intriguing paranormal romance called THE PRICE OF FREEDOM. Check out the beautiful cover!

Welcome, Jenny!

Please tell us a little bit about yourself, what inspires you and, of course, your super-cool book.

***********************

Hi Liz, I'm so happy to visit. Catching up with other authors has been and is one of the joys of having a novella published with Carina Press.

I'm a West Australian writer. I fell into story telling naturally--not because my nose grows daily with tall tales, but because I'm an avid reader. I have a real weakness for Golden Age mystery writers such as Dorothy Sayers, Agatha Christie, Ngaio Marsh and Margery Allingham. A lot of people love Georgette Heyer for her Regency romances, but I think her mysteries are just as good and time has added a great deal of charm to their 1930s and 1950s settings.

But at heart I'm a romantic. I love a happy ending even more than a tasty murder ;) And happy endings are what I write.

The Price of Freedom is my latest story, published with Carina Press. It is a paranormal romance novella with angels and djinn and all the romance of Arabia. I hope that when people read it they carry away my belief that living life passionately is more important, more satisfying, than living life safely.

Duty will bring them together—and tear them apart!

As a guardian angel, Mischa must protect the one man who may be able to bring about lasting peace to the Middle East. As a djinni, Rafe must fulfill the wishes of a terrorist leader. Their duties colliding, Mischa and Rafe become foes, but the heat between them is undeniable.

When the terrorist learns that a guardian angel stands between him and his greatest wish, he orders his djinni to remove her. Taking creative license, Rafe spirits her away to his private oasis, where she will be unable to protect the peacemaker.

Beyond their mutual desire, they find common ground in honor and loneliness. Passion quickly grows into love. But it’s soon clear to Rafe that love cannot be bound, and Mischa must be true to her life’s purpose. Even if Rafe must sacrifice his own taste of freedom to grant hers…

***
Thanks, Liz, for letting me visit. I can't wait till you fly over to my blog on July 6.

Happy reading, everyone :)


http://www.authorjennyschwartz.com/
http://www.acquiring-magic.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/authorjennyschwartz
http://twitter.com/Jen2late

10 comments:

Sandi said...

oooh! A guardian angel and a genie (is that a djinn??) in the same book? Awesome!

Claire Robyns said...

This sounds like a truly different paranormal, love the setting and impossible position your protagonists are in - one of them will have to do some serious compromising, LOL.
oh, and this is definitely on my to-buy list

Hales said...

I like hearing about unique stories.Looks fantastic and the time period is great. :)

Jude said...

Sounds like another great read. I'm a sucker for Djinns!

Kari Thomas said...

Hi Jenny! Your books sounds so unique and fascinating! I love "different" paranormals --- especially one with Angels. LOVE that cover too!

Wishing you lots of sales!

hug, Kari Thomas, www.authorkari.com

Shelley Munro said...

Hi Jenny and Liz,

I really like the sound of the setting and have always liked djinn stories.

I'm a big Agatha Christie fan. My father introduced my brother, sister and I to her and took great delight in discussing who we thought was guilty as we read the book. He'd never say if we were right though.

Cathryn Brunet said...

Hi Jenny & Liz.

Can't wait to read The Price of Freedom. It sounds awesome and the cover is gorgeous.

And so cool to see another Agatha fan. She's the best!

Jenny Schwartz said...

Sandi, a genie is definitely a djinni--I was trying to avoid the whole "I Dream of Jeannie" thing by using djinni. And then Cindy (another Carina author) pointed out djinni is actually more traditional--which is fantastic. I got it right! (well, with my editor's help--thanks Deb!)

Hi Claire, yep, definite compromise/sacrifice. I kept getting comments (even from my own internal editor--hate that voice) that there wasn't enough conflict in my stories. I was just too damn nice to my characters. So this time I made life tough.

Thanks Hales and Jude :) and I love the cover, too, Kari!

Shelley and Cathryn, it seems family are the people who introduce us to Agatha Christie. My grandma gave me "One, Two, Buckle My Shoe". Poirot is great, but I discovered Tommy and Tuppence on my own.

Thanks Liz. I've loved visiting :) and next week Captive Spirit is out! Woohoo!

Liz Fichera said...

Jenny,

Thanks for visiting with us today. There's a lot of enthusiasm for your book, I'm happy to say. Like everyone else who commented, I look forward to reading it. :-)

Jenny Schwartz said...

Thanks, Liz :) Everyone's comments have made my morning. It's not quite 8am yet here, so the friendliness is a better wake up than coffee. And I love my morning coffee!