Thursday, May 27, 2010

Love The Long Weekends!

I am really going to try hard to pry my fingers away from social media this weekend and rework a book that I started a couple of years ago.  It's one of those books where I love the story but the voice is not quite there.  Kind of like the porridge, I've got to get it "just right."  So, I'm experimenting by changing its point of view. 

In the meantime, it's pool time here in Arizona.  The temperatures are at or pretty dang close to 100.  Time to mix up the pitchers of margaritas, lemonade, ice tea and sit poolside with my laptop beside me.  I've also got two books to finish reading, including Elizabeth Bass's latest, MISS YOU MOST OF ALL.  It's a story about three sisters in Texas, and it pulled me in from the first pages.  Wonderful humor, layered characters, and an intriguing story to boot.

Meanwhile, I'll also be the featured author on the Carina Press web site on Sunday.  So, a lot going on in the next few days--but the fun kind of summer stuff.

13 comments:

Ron in Anthem said...

Have a great weekend, Liz!

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Ron! Great to hear from you. Have a wonderful weekend - hope it's filled with lots of pool time with the fam! :-)

Sandi said...

Just saw you on the Carina Press web site! Very awesome!!

Kathy said...

Hi Liz, Can't wait to read your book.If I'd known you were so famous when I met you at a Christmas Party in Glen Ellyn, I would have asked for your autograph!Congrats!Kathy

Liz Fichera said...

Kathy,

Moi, famous? Hardly! But thanks so much for stopping by. We'll see you soon in Glen Ellyn!

Kelsey said...

Hi my name is Kelsey my mom told me about your blog and how you wrote a book. I think the book sounds very adventurous and writing has always been an interest to me. I am a 13 year old girl who dreams of writing her own bestselling books in the future. I am very inspired by your comittment and perserverence in writing a book.

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Kelsey!

Very nice to meet you! I wrote my first story when I was about your age and I've been hooked on writing ever since. The more you write, the better you'll get. What kinds of stories do you like to write? If you enjoy writing, don't give up!

Thanks for stopping by,

Liz

Debbie G said...

Hi Liz,
I am a friend of Mary's from Chicago. I love your website and your cover for your book. Can't wait to download it and read it. I don't have an ereader so I will download it to my computer. How many pages is it? My 15 year old daughter is excited to read it to. What age group is is geared toward?
Debbie G

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Debbie,

So glad you stopped by! CAPTIVE SPIRIT is 250 pages long. Although it is considered women's commercial fiction, I would say that it is appropriate for all ages 14 and up. Mary read it with Andrew, although he is an advanced reader for his age. I wouldn't recommend it normally for kids as young as him.

I'd be honored if you and your daughter read it, and I look forward to hearing what you think!

Thanks,

Liz

Bill G said...

The book sounds quite interesting especially for my grandchildren Bill G

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Bill,

CAPTIVE SPIRIT intermixes fact with fiction. My tween nephew and teen niece read it. It's got a little something for everyone--suspense, history, and a love story. Look forward to hearing what you think.

Thanks for stopping by!

Liz

Joyce said...

Hi Liz,
I am a friend of Mary's from Glen Ellyn. I am very excited to hear about CAPTIVE SPIRIT and can't wait to read it. I was very impressed to hear about all of the research you did to make sure that the historical/cultural details were accurate. Congratulations on your publishing and good luck with your next book. I hope to meet you when you visit Glen Ellyn. Take Care, Joyce

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Joyce!

Nice to meet you and look forward to seeing you when I visit Glen Ellyn. I hope to be back later in the summer. Thanks for your kind words and look forward to hearing what you think about the book!

Liz