Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Stop and Smell the Cactus

For the next week, I get to be a tourist in my own town. Love when that happens!

My sister and her family are visiting from Antarctica 2--also known as Chicago. They're beyond ready to shed their winter coats and winter colds for the obligatory desert dweller attire--namely shorts, t's, flip-flops, and a water bottle.

So, I'm going to unplug for a while and stop and smell the roses. Or something like that. It's not going to be easy to leave my current WIP, especially since I think about it all the time now. I do resolve to try, however. It's my first stab at world-building that includes a bunch of fab futuristic elements in the year 2030. And I'm having so much fun creating this world.

Till next week.

3 comments:

Sandi said...

Have fun - would love to leave the snow for some warm weather!

Rose said...

Have fun! P.S. I have a question about synopses. I will email you separately. Any advice would be appreciated!!

Pete said...

Stop and smell the cactus? Watch out for those needles.