Monday, March 8, 2010

SECRET ORDER: Big Play, Big Questions

I was at opening night for SECRET ORDER at the Herberger Theatre Stage West on Saturday night. It's a play about a brilliant cell biologist who thinks he may have discovered the cure for cancer.

Quite frankly, I wasn't sure you could combine art and science and not put an audience to sleep. But SECRET ORDER and the Actors Theater delivered. It was an intriguing play filled with rich dialogue, big themes, and superior acting.

You can read my full review at DowntownPhoenix.com.

6 comments:

Sandi said...

This one sounds kinda different. I think I'll give it a shot. Thanks!

Ron in Anthem said...

Stage West is a cool venue. Not a bad seat anywhere. My wife and I will try to catch a matinee.

ALO said...

Now that's something you don't see every day in a play. Sounds worthwhile.

Cactus Flower said...

Cool! I love the Herberger.

JJ said...

Whoa. Just read the review. Sounds awesome. Definitely beer/coffee-worthy afterwards. I kinda like that the character hails from the Midwest too.

Luci said...

Love the review at DP! "Get your geek on"! Loved that line.