Thursday, March 18, 2010

Hot Tub Time Machine

Hot Tub Time Machine has nothing to do with today's post but I can't help it. This movie title makes me laugh out loud. And maybe the movie's cheesiness factor is off the charts but who wouldn't want to go back in time and fix a few things? Count me in! Not sure I'd pick 1986 but, then again, time traveler beggars can't be choosers, right?

Anyway, I'm getting ready to immerse myself in a weekend of writing and world-building. There may even be world domination and some freaky looking robots but we'll see. My current WIP has finally grabbed hold of my brain; it's no longer a vague idea but a full-blown plotted wonder ready to explode on my computer screen. Know what I mean? It's at that point in the creative process when your fingers can't type fast enough and I am so there. I had two story ideas doing an arm-wrestling contest inside my head and one of them finally won. It was brutal.

Wish me luck with the world-building.

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

I may even have to venture to the movie theatre to see HTTM. And don't you just love the tag line: KickSomePast? Classic. Good luck w/the writing. I'm finishing up my second novel, hopefully by the summer!

Ron said...

That guy who plays Darrell in The Office is hysterical. I'm with Cyndi. This may require a visit to the theater, despite all the annoying cell phone users. On the writing front, I've been submitting a coupla short stories to some online ezines. No takers yet but I'm hopeful.

DONNIE said...

Go world-building!! :-)

Sandi said...

Unfortunately a lot of the "world-building" in literature is starting to sound alike these days. I'm sure yours will be different. ;-)