Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Crunch Time

It's been a productive year and I can't believe it's almost over. Can you? 2009 felt like 12 days, not 12 months!

I'm finishing up my last book of the year. I've got roughly two chapters to go. Then I'll spend the remainder of the month on edits. Some of my first readers have already started to read pieces of it. With this particular book, I experimented with a new genre so we'll see if my first readers like it. They certainly loved the idea of a 12-year old boy astronaut. Now I get to see if the book measures up.

All in all, I wrote two books (one is currently on submission) and almost finished a third. This year was a year of experimentation with new genres to stretch my writing skills. I've had a blast writing new characters, different kinds of plots, and generally just exercising my writing skills. My karma must have been good too because I was inundated (and blessed) with a mountain of freelance work.

I'm looking forward to 2010 but I'm going to be sorry to see such a great year end.

I wonder what I'll write next year? I've already got an idea for my next book creeping around my brain...

8 comments:

Laura said...

Glad to hear you had a good 2009. Mine wasn't bad either. Had a couple of short stories published, found an agent. Not too shabby!

David in Texas said...

Hi, I just found your blog today. I found many of your posts helpful and informative.

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you in 2010! Personally, I'm glad to see 2009 come to an end...

Patti said...

Thought you were going to Chicago for Dec?

Liz Fichera said...

Laura - good luck to you in 2010! Sounds like you're off to a great start.

David, welcome!

Anon, that's the great thing about a 365-day calendar. The year always comes to an end. ;-)

Patti - hey, there! I'll be leaving in a few days. Just a short visit.

Sarah said...

That makes two of us. Wasn't it just Christmas?? Oy.

Bailey said...

Hi!
It's me Bailey.
Good to see your doing well. I liked Angel Girl.

Liz Fichera said...

Hi Bailey!

So glad you liked Angel Girl. Thanks for reading it. It was fun to write!