Tuesday, August 4, 2009

My Next WIP, Food Network, and Chocolate

I finally decided on my next WIP. It's a super-cool idea and forgive me if I'm stingy on the details but I'm still in the outlining stage which, for me, is kind of like just meeting a guy--I'm not 100% sure if I'm ready for a long-term commitment. Cause writing a book is long-term. Once I dive into it, I know it will consume me for the next six months and I'll be talking to my imaginary characters everywhere--at the Starbucks, the Trader Joe's, when I'm vacuuming my house. It looks weirder than it is but it is weird. Kind of.

And dang that Paula Deen on the Food Network channel. She's been messing with my concentration lately. That's because I love her show. I catch it at least once a day. I love that she uses real ingredients, isn't concerned about counting calories, and licks her fingers while she cooks. If I ever get to Savannah, Georgia, I am so going to check out her restaurant cause every time I watch her show I just think, "Paula, could you please adopt me?" She seems like she'd be the uber-cool grandmother I never had. And that chocolate mousse pie she made last night? TDF!

Anyway, back to my outlining. And Paula comes on at 6. Be there or be square.

6 comments:

Sarah said...

I love Food Network. Unfortunately my dishes never quite turn out like they do on t.v. Good luck on your next WIP. I'm still trying to figure out what my next one will be...

Ron said...

When will you tell us about your next WIP?

Liz Fichera said...

Sarah, good luck in your search.

Ron, I should be able to say something about it in the next month. Or so. ;-) Stay tuned and thanks for asking!

The Other Jen said...

I like that barbecue show on Food Network. Think it comes on before Paula.

Laurie said...

I took your advice and watched Paula last night. She made red velvet cupcakes that made me swoon! I'm a believer.

Liz Fichera said...

Jen, sometimes I catch that show too!

Laurie, missed last night's show but I got it recorded. Red velvet cupcakes?? I am so there.