Friday, July 17, 2009

Summer Reading

I'm trying to decide what to bring with me when my husband and I go on vacation to Dauphne Island to meet my sister and her family. We've rented a really cool beach house. So far, I'm bringing:

1) A BUMP IN THE ROAD by Maureen Lipinski
2) SWIMSUIT by James Patterson
3) THE SUMMER I TURNED PRETTY by Jenny Han

I'm sure I'll bring about three more (I plan to spend a lot of time at the beach!). And then, of course, I always have to pick up something in the airport bookstore. That's a given. You can never have enough! My suitcase will be stuffed with more books than clothes. Hey, all you need at the beach is a swimsuit, am I right?

If you got any recommendations, let me know.

6 comments:

Jen said...

Have you read Pretty in Plaid yet?

Liz Fichera said...

I've not yet read it but thanks for the reminder. It's definitely now on my list. I loved Bitter is the New Black.

Maureen Lipinski said...

Pretty in Plaid is awesome! I hope you like my book!

Liz Fichera said...

Maureen, I'm sure I will! The first few pages on Amazon sucked me right in, and I've been saving it for my quiet time over vacation. You'll be happy to know that your book is displayed proudly in the Borders in my neighborhood! :-)

Anonymous said...

I'd recommend the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Marianne said...

I just finished SWIMSUIT. Couldn't put it down.