Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Story Ideas

I get some of my best story ideas when I'm running. Don't know why. MP3 blaring in my ears, legs going full blast, and boom--they pop into my head. And that's really quite strange, considering how loud I play my MP3.

I actually have three story ideas--two of them concern GRIPPED and VANISHED. I can't quite let those stories go, yet. I feel like there's more story left to tell. I loved the characters in both books.

Anyway, where do you get your best ideas?

5 comments:

Nanci said...

Mine always seem to come in the middle of the night, when I'm trying to sleep (or I think I'm sleeping). Very aggravating.

Jen said...

Hiking, walking. Definitely doing anything BUT writing.

Anonymous said...

Going through some serious writer's block. What do you recommend?

Liz Fichera said...

Anonymous, for me, running always works. But I've also tried writing in long-hand (if only briefly) just to jar my brain. Writing in a different place (e.g. the library, a coffee shop) also helps, too. Good luck with that writer's block!

Marg said...

Chocolate never hurts either.