Friday, June 5, 2009

Lazy Days of Summer

Summer in the desert is kind of like winter in the Midwest: When you're not running errands or going to work, you kind of hole up in your house because it's too dang hot to go outside--at least not for very long. Desert dwellers like me get that "cabin fever" feeling during the summer, not the winter. Winters are why I live in Arizona.

Anyway, as long as I've got plenty of books and a WIP in my laptop, I'm fine. Lots of books on my nightstand. I think I'll start by rereading THE LAST SUMMER OF YOU AND ME. I also can't wait to get my hands on debut author Mauren Lipinski's A BUMP IN THE ROAD.

Stay busy enough and you'll forget it's 105 degrees outside. Really. And whoever tells you it's a dry heat is probably hallucinating.

6 comments:

Helen said...

I feel your pain. From the opposite side of the country.

Sarah said...

Dry Heat? I like that. Better than rain all the time.

Maureen Lipinski said...

Woot Woot! Comes out tomorrow! Excuse me while I go and bite my fingernails into bloody stumps!

Liz Fichera said...

Maureen, yeah! I read the first few pages on Amazon. Sounds absolutely hilarious. Can't wait to read it. Best of luck with it!

Ron said...

I'm still trying to get through books I wanted to read last Christmas! :-)

Laura T. said...

Maureen's book sounds fun. I'll check it out. Good luck, Maureen!