Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Done! Or is it?

My goal was to complete VANISHED before my birthday and I succeeded, although now the editing begins. Sometimes editing can be harder than actually writing the book. Usually it is.

Still, I'm real happy with how VANISHED turned out. The characters came together quickly for me; I could "see" and "hear" them, even before I started their story. I had the added bonus this time of being able to send drafts to a couple of trusted sources as I wrote it, just to make sure the tension and the story were always there. When they kept telling me "write faster!" I knew I was onto something.

So, I'm feeling a little bit like I just ran a marathon: exhausted and exhilarated at the same time. After a couple days away from the book, I'll be ready to begin my edits.

Wish me luck.

5 comments:

Laura said...

Bonne chance!

Sarah said...

So glad to hear that it's done. Almost. When am I going to get a copy????

Maureen Lipinski said...

Good luck! I LOVE revising, moreso than writing.

Liz Fichera said...

Thanks, guys! Appreciate it.

Maureen, at least with revising you know you've got your story down, right? :-)

Jen said...

Yeah! You go!