Wednesday, May 13, 2009

More Research

I'm starting to sound like I work for the Phoenix Chamber of Commerce. Believe me, I don't. But there is another really cool place in Phoenix called the Desert Botanical Garden.

My current WIP is a historical YA. There are a lot of visuals about the Phoenix area hundreds of years ago back before trains, planes, and automobiles, of course. And, yeah, it's a desert, but it's more than just that. The desert is absolutely gorgeous, in my humble opinion. There are all sorts of cacti and desert trees and I just want to make sure I adequately (and accurately) describe everything. And you can only get so much from pictures. If you're like me, you have to see and touch. Up close and personal is always way better.

So, I spent a little time at the Botanical Garden. Spring is a great time to visit, especially because all of wildflowers and cactus berries. To know them is to love them. :-) And to know them is to write about them better than before.

If you're ever in Phoenix, check it out.

P.S. VANISHED is 50% complete.

4 comments:

Anne said...

I've been to Arizona once. It was in the winter and it was just lovely. I remember the sunsets most of all. Just gorgeous.

Bookworm said...

I only wish I could grow those giant saguaros where I live. It makes me feel like a cowboy. Or something.

Mark said...

What's Vanished about?

Liz Fichera said...

Mark, thanks for asking. I'll put a blurb for VANISHED on my web site when it's closer to being done. Till then, let me say it's a historical YA.